breeding crenicichla regani

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Will the eggs be on the wall of the pot or will it be on the sand? Or will they pt em where ever?

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Ok, I might pull up the pot just to take a look to satisfy my curiosity. Is that a good idea?

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I agree, if you are going to let the parents raise them then don't look. It might spook them. Pike cichlids are generally considered some of the best parents in the cichlid world, so I would lean towards leaving them unless the pair is just causing too much havoc in the tank.

If I remember right, Cr. marmorata parental care lasted six months, which is the longest of any cichlid species I've read about/seen.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Pike cichlids are generally considered some of the best parents in the cichlid world, so I would lean towards leaving them unless the pair is just causing too much havoc in the tank.

If I remember right, Cr. marmorata parental care lasted six months, which is the longest of any cichlid species I've read about/seen.
that's super interesting, I'm really excited about seeing these fish raise their young. I'll be sure to update.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
so the female was out of the pot today, seems like the relationship has cooled between her and the the male in the 90g. i'm kind of doubtful that there will be fry still in the pot. hopefully they make nice and try again soon. my pair in the 50g is starting to flare again like they used to so that is nice. staying hopeful with them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store