Brutus' new digs

Tyler_Wentworth_150

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2015
Humboldt county
Got my big boys new house set up! He may take awhile to adjust but it seems he's starting to settle already.20151101_180519.jpg I built the stand, needs paint still hence no pics. Custom plumbing on both canisters, fluval 404 with zero hours on it till now. Fluval fx5 freebie that didn't even turn on when I picked it up. Both have good cycled media in them and are up and running beautifully. 3/4" pvc on the fx5 with a nearly full length spray bar, 404 has 1/2" placed the return super low as per the suggestion I received here. Placed the intake above the fx5s to cover the upper portion of the water column. Water was clear within 10 minutes of start up even after arranging decor in his old and still dirty substrate. Placed the bubbler under a well cleaned older piece of coral to pin it down, and the result was better than I could have expected. It made the airstone even better and more effective :). Playing with the gate valves to regulate flow now, I figure at full power it's gotta be close to 1000 gph between them. (Rated at 924 and 400 respectively. Not gonna do the calculations haha.) Might be too much water movement for him but we shall see

Reactions: isde02
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store