Build Avice Please!

rotccapt

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2009
oklahoma
if it still leaks i have an idea for you. i just finished my tank with acrylic and i would add two pieces of trim wood to that corner. this would help reinforce the corner from bowing and also may help the rest of the tank from bowing here is a pic of mine

P1020227.JPG

L~C~G

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
South Africa
It has been a good morning!!!!!!!!! 100% leak free still. 72 hours and counting.

This afternoon I am going to start fixing up the wood finish that I damaged with all of the glue I used and possibly make a start on the lid later in the week. Then I can take it home on Friday afternoon and get my poor fish out of the cramped space they are in now.

Ill post pics when I have fixed up the wood finish.

L~C~G

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
South Africa
rotccapt;4278618; said:
if it still leaks i have an idea for you. i just finished my tank with acrylic and i would add two pieces of trim wood to that corner. this would help reinforce the corner from bowing and also may help the rest of the tank from bowing here is a pic of mine
That would work but would defeat the whole purpose behind the design, If I wanted something easy to build I would have gone for a rectangle tank but this tank being square with that solid panel looks amazing. A strip of wood on the corner would ruin the look and would have been a colossal waste of money having that panel bent but its looking good so far.

:headbang2

L~C~G

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
South Africa
Still leak free !!!!!

I had a major problem on my holding tank last night though. The two pin plug on the heater seems to have a bad contact on it and stopped working last night. We are currently having one of the coldest winters in South Africa that I can remember in ages. The tank is normally at 28 degrees Celsius and last night it dropped to 18.

The fish were barely moving when I got to them and my Acei was only pumping his gills about 3 times a minute. I immediately got some hot water from the tap and slowly poured it over the filter outlet to try and gently raise the temp. I only brought it up to 20 degrees so they don't get too much of a shock and have left the heater do the rest.

By that time the Acei was swimming a bit again but he was very weak, the others were not behaving like they usually do but I think they should be ok. I had to leave for work so I hope they all pull through.

L~C~G

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
South Africa
Just need to drill one more hole in the side of the stand for the return pipe and one more coat of sealant on the outside and it is done. :nilly:

There is not very good light where the tank is standing at the moment so the pic is not great.

I will get onto the lid on Friday.

Almost done.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store