Build Avice Please!

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
I hear ya, but I still hate to see you so close and not have a complete success...
On another note; Is that 5200 some gooey stuff or what?!? in the history of it's use, I don't believe one could apply it and not leave a trace of it's use. Some article of clothing will become embellished with the stuff...:D

good luck with the next step...~BenO

L~C~G

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
South Africa
It reminds me of a local product I used many years back. It is a water proof wood glue in a caulking tube. I decided to ignore the instructions about avoiding skin contact and assumed I would simply take it off with thinners later. I completed the project and painted it (black) Which stained the remaining glue on my hands.

I had a blind date that night and was not amused to discover that thinners has absolutely zero effect on that stuff. I sat attacking my fingers in desperation with sand paper to try and get it off. It took about 2 months before my hands looked decent again.

Amazingly though, 9 years later I am still with the women ;-)

L~C~G

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
South Africa
I am going to be test filling this tank again tomorrow. Im sure it will work this time, I have really gone overboard now :)

If it leaks again in going to rip out the acrylic panel and build a glass tank inside the plywood box.

Here is a pic of the inhabitants patiently waiting for their new home. They are getting a bit big for this tank now, it was only supposed to be a temporary place for them but this build has taken far longer than I planned. At least my filter is running on this holding tank so i don't have to cycle the new tank.

I am doing daily 30% water changes just to make sure everything is ok for them but this seriously seems to have sped up their growth, I have never had Malawi's grow this fast.

unknown.jpg

L~C~G

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
South Africa
I went into my shop at 16:00 on Saturday afternoon and it was perfect !!!That was about 36 hours at total capacity.

Ill post an update when I go in tomorrow morning. Im sure if It is still fine by then that its not going to leak any time soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store