C. Fowleri vs C. Apurensis

dmcskoolkid

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
MD
Yeah beltway aquarium in waldorf md. They have 3 more but don't ship. This was the smallest one. It is very very active despite moving very very slow.

Reactions: kno4te

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yeah beltway aquarium in waldorf md. They have 3 more but don't ship. This was the smallest one. It is very very active despite moving very very slow.
I would also say apurensis not knowing much. The head doesn't seem very flat and as you stated the pattern goes into the belly

dmcskoolkid

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
MD
I would also say apurensis not knowing much. The head doesn't seem very flat and as you stated the pattern goes into the belly
Thanks I figured so after looking closer. The shop gets a lot of hard to find pieces in but the mislabels happen from time to time jus happy to get the fish.

Reactions: moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Thanks I figured so after looking closer. The shop gets a lot of hard to find pieces in but the mislabels happen from time to time jus happy to get the fish.
They're very intriguing fish to me, I hope to keep one some day. Nice pick up for sure. You should make it it's own thread and talk about the set up it's in and update your experience with it from time to time, I'd be a viewer :)

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

dmcskoolkid

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
MD
They're very intriguing fish to me, I hope to keep one some day. Nice pick up for sure. You should make it it's own thread and talk about the set up it's in and update your experience with it from time to time, I'd be a viewer :)
I could do that! Let me get some time on my hands and I still need to tweak the set up he's sharing the tank with a hoplias curupira(divided).

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I could do that! Let me get some time on my hands and I still need to tweak the set up he's sharing the tank with a hoplias curupira(divided).
Depending on your specimens, I'd say that comm could work, looking forward to your thread

Reactions: dmcskoolkid

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store