Can i safely keep am ebjd, g terror, r terror, flowerhorn and jag in the same tank?

Jeremy Anderson

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Potatoland
hoboflyfishing.com
You would be better off keeping fish like severums, uaru, crenicichla, guianacara, etc (less aggressive SA cichlids) with the green terror. That would make quite a display in a 300 gallon with some chalceus and silver dollars.
Severums, uaru, and green terrors would be a pretty cool tank, I think. What about a Geophagus species in that mix? I have seen GT and Jags together, but it was a 600 gallon tank. Side note; As a fly fisher, when I see “GT,” I always think it means Giant Trevally!

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Female jag,female festae, male gt. Replace the eb dempsey with a normal. And that would probably work in a decent size tank. Flowerhorns should be kept solo. They just want to torment and fight other fish. So i mean even if it worked, the tank would be a 24/7 war zone. Generally same with male parachromis.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
The Dempseys and green terrors wouldn't stand a chance in that tank. The others are too aggressive imo. To make it work you'd need a large tank (240g+) and plenty hiding spots

Reactions: CichlidGuy247
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store