Central Taiwan Biotope Creation Log and Journal

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Found this AWESOME video of Taiwanese biotopes.
There are about 20m (about 65ft) of large fishtanks with different Taiwanese aquatic habitats and fish.
This is a dedicated elementary teacher sharing his passion.

There are English subtitles.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Found this AWESOME video of Taiwanese biotopes.
There are about 20m (about 65ft) of large fishtanks with different Taiwanese aquatic habitats and fish.
This is a dedicated elementary teacher sharing his passion.

There are English subtitles.

Wow! Those are some great native biotope exhibits. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Fishman Dave

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Got 5 new loaches. They love the current and come from swift streams. Anyone care to guess what they are? What they were sold as and whaty I believe them to be is similar but not the same fish.
Unfortunately, 1 found a small gap in the quarantine tank and leapt out. The 4 are now in the big tank and happy as. A lot less skittish with all the space and water movement.
Photos not the best as I had to take them from a distance while they were settling.
New Loach 5.jpgNew Loach 4.jpgNew Loach 3.jpgNew Loach 2.jpgNew Loach 1.jpg

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Probably sold as arrow loach. Unless of course a poor shop sold them as Siamese algae eaters
Look to me like Nemacheilius Anguilla so am guessing that’s what you think they are.
Always amazes me when someone like you just drops info like everyone should have known that. I spent ages going through the info looking for an ID. Eventually when I found it, I asked the seller and they told me the loaches were Nemacheilus bionatus.
However, I found the dorsal fin and solid dorsal line quite different. Searching a bit more I came to the opinion they were Nemacheilus anguilla. However, the dorsal marking were still different.
A bit more searching and the old trusty SeriouslyFish, I am somewhat positive on the ID being Nemacheilus longistriatus, A.K.A. Laos Blackline Torpedo Loach. They definitely live up to that moniker.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Nemacheilus longistriatus reminds me of the dwarf chain loach or black lined loach.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store