Cichla bunch

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Try a massivore/nls tablet with some krill. Feed daily along with Increasing the water changes schedule. Better food and clean water will do it.

PantherEMT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2020
Great! Havent tried any pellets for them. Will definitely try them!

Thanks! Will update in a couple of weeks! ?

PantherEMT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2020
Just got a pack of massivore and put little pieces in the chicken heart but i dont know how they do it but they swallow the heart but spits out the pellet..
But there are times where they swallow the whole thing with the pellet inside. Looks like we have a fighting chance to train them ?

Reading on some transition methods on the other threads..

Reactions: dr exum

Alexandboi

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2019
The starve or die method usually works pretty well for cichla, and is what I use. But if you don't want them to starve, soaking the pellets in whatever you feed them for a bit to soften up and taste a bit like whatever they are used to works as well. It's great that they are already eating some.

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
The starve or die method usually works pretty well for cichla, and is what I use. But if you don't want them to starve, soaking the pellets in whatever you feed them for a bit to soften up and taste a bit like whatever they are used to works as well. It's great that they are already eating some.
This is what I have always done even with expensive fish ?‍♂ pellets or die :devil: never took longer than a week for any fish I’ve ever had

Alexandboi

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2019
Yeah in my opinion no healthy fish will starve until it dies. You just have to be strong and not give in...

Reactions: PantherEMT

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Yup just starve em. Theyll take pellets eventually. They always do. I suggest Omega One Super Cichlid for growth and color.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store