Covid vaccinations stopped and other science updates

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I got mine on Kobo, I'm sure it's on Kindle as well.

You should consider signing onto the BookBub website; it sends out daily emails containing lists of ebooks that are available for only one or two dollars, or even for free. Each sale only lasts a couple days, but once you have selected from a list of genres that interest you, you'll probably get a dozen or more selections on each day's notification list. Some books are new titles; others are classics (which are usually free!

It's not ideal if you are searching for a specific title, as the odds of that one being on sale on any given day are virtually nil; but as a place to find interesting new reads, it's tough to beat. :)

Listen to everything; don't completely trust anything.
It was on Kindle, just downloaded it....£9.99!!! Probably paid over the odds for it but I do get a lot of other good deals on Kindle so I don't mind.

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
It was on Kindle, just downloaded it....£9.99!!! Probably paid over the odds for it but I do get a lot of other good deals on Kindle so I don't mind.
I just checked; it's still on BookBub; $1.99 Canadian, which I think is currently under 1.5 of your pounds or filberts or whatever they are called...:)

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I just checked; it's still on BookBub; $1.99 Canadian, which I think is currently under 1.5 of your pounds or filberts or whatever they are called...:)
It's official then....old Esox has had his pants pulled right down and has been colonically irrigated to within an inch of his blighty life!!

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
There is also a new formulation of an mRNA vaccine apparently targeted at the omicron varieties of Covid.

This "bi-valent" vaccine is so new, the majority of pharmacies don't have it yet. It supposedly targets Omicron BA.4 and BA.5. We were able to vaccinated last week, along with the Fluad 65+, the higher dose flu vaccine for seniors.

Reactions: deeda

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee

This "bi-valent" vaccine is so new, the majority of pharmacies don't have it yet. It supposedly targets Omicron BA.4 and BA.5. We were able to vaccinated last week, along with the Fluad 65+, the higher dose flu vaccine for seniors.
Hello; I likely will stay away from the mRNA shots for some time. Let the fullness of time ferret out the facts from the propaganda. Too many unknowns surrounding side effects and still not comfortable with the no-liability attached to procedures and shots.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Yeah after a couple of years and 618,000,000 doses of the vaccines being given to 68% of the US population (almost 225,000,000 people), things are still way too preliminary to know whether people will just start dropping dead in the streets from the vaccines ?

The "but the vaccines are too risky" boat sailed a long time ago. Thankfully most Americans didn't listen to the nonsense.

Hello; I likely will stay away from the mRNA shots for some time. Let the fullness of time ferret out the facts from the propaganda. Too many unknowns surrounding side effects and still not comfortable with the no-liability attached to procedures and shots.

• Haha
Reactions: Rocksor and jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Yeah after a couple of years and 618,000,000 doses of the vaccines being given to 68% of the US population (almost 225,000,000 people), things are still way too preliminary to know whether people will just start dropping dead in the streets from the vaccines ?

The "but the vaccines are too risky" boat sailed a long time ago. Thankfully most Americans didn't listen to the nonsense.
You haven't allowed for sufficient fullness of time...

Wow...even at my age, I have a hard time typing that phrase with a straight face...

S skjl47 , neither you, nor I, nor many other members here...have sufficient "fullness of time" remaining to us to allow that much of a wait-and-see approach to almost anything.

Reactions: deeda

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee

Hello; Interesting. A few points. There are reported and documented side effects from the mRNA shots. So, it is not a risk-free proposition. Perhaps more on that individual topic another time.

Next, if the mRNA shots are so safe why is there still no liability attached to the distribution of these shots? Been a while and still no lawsuits allowed if a person is affected. (Yes, I know there is a federal program a person can apply to. We have already discussed this.)

Last being the mRNA shots just do not work very well. The spiel changed from take the shots you will be protected and will not get covid to after four or more doses you will get Covid and should have a milder illness, but some will be very ill, and some will die.

That the ""but the vaccines are too risky" boat sailed a long time ago" is not actually sailed off into the sunset. Reports of side effects are making it thru the suppression in places around the world and the final chapters may not yet be written. Here is my take which any are free to ignore. I took two initial doses of mRNA vaccine thinking I am in a high-risk group and the claims for the new style vaccine were backed by then trusted authorities. As time went on, we learned the shots are not very effective. We also learned of side effects. I had side effects. I know personally of others who also had side effects. Side effects have been made known. I decided to skip boosters as i do not wish to be ill from the shots again and I can still get Covid even with all the shots.

The side effects do not have to include "dropping dead" in the street to be something to avoid. Thing is, if the shots had proven to be effective the side effects would be worth it. However, since I can still get Covid with four or more shots and can even die with all the shots, I will skip the boosters.

I have not checked this statement out yet so do not have faith in it as yet. I heard on a TV news program that the new formulation of mRNA vaccines which target the Omicron variants have not had any human trials. To be more exact the report stated only clinical trials on mice have been done. I find this statement to be disturbing if it proves to be true. I do hope it is not true. I am not certain but think there is still no liability attached to the omicron mRNA shots. So, yes, I plan to wait a while to see how the new Omicron shots play out. Good thing is so many others will line up to get them so i may not have to wait all that long.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
You haven't allowed for sufficient fullness of time...

Wow...even at my age, I have a hard time typing that phrase with a straight face...

S skjl47 , neither you, nor I, nor many other members here...have sufficient "fullness of time" remaining to us to allow that much of a wait-and-see approach to almost anything.
Hello; Thing is there has been information contrary to the "accepted commentary" all along. Information about natural immunity for one example which is finally being accepted as equal to the shots. I personally consider natural immunity to be superior and was soundly scolded for taking that stance over the last two years.
Regardless of my prospect of having a short time left to live, such does not translate to avoiding taking a wait and see approach.

I get that mRNA medical tech is hoped to be the new bright shining light on the hill. With all sorts of hope for amazing new avenues of health care in the future. Maybe such will be the case, but the problems still need to be recognized and worked out. Promising medicines from the past have proven to be flawed after years of use. Anyone who watches late night TV sees the ads for these failed medicines.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Of course you're spewing a bunch of nonsense which I'm not going to bother to refute line by line.

Rest assured that anyone not getting their information from the World Freedom Alliance would be able to quickly understand that liability for the COVID vaccines is available from the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP) - https://www.hrsa.gov/cicp - the same program that has covered liability for other past "countermeasures" for Ebola, Zika, Smallpox and other such conditions.

And, again of course, the vaccines don't prevent COVID-19; they GREATLY reduce the chances of becoming severely ill, hospitalized or dying from COVID. And - just like many other vaccines - people need boosters (and adjusted formulations) to receive maximum benefit from them. Having a vaccinated population (mostly) and ready access to testing and anti-virals has dramatically reduced the chances of dying from COVID.

But I'm not going to convince you of that. Or that the earth is round.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store