Dirty tank after camping

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
Thanks. I’m trying to be patient but it’s getting harder and harder with my situation and The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow . I know the situation is terrible I hate it I feel bad for the fish I’m really trying to fix it and yea the consequences are here and it sucks but it has to happen
I can recommend some smaller cool versions of the fish you have that fit for you tank. For example, a blue gourami is very similar to silver arowana in their color and graceful swimming style. Your catfish can be replaced by the cool upside down catfish, clown plecoo, or Cory cats. Your cichlids can be replaced by smaller cichlids such as Apistogramma, Bolivian rams (though DEFINITELY NOT GERMAN BLUE RAMS), Keyholes, Kribensis, and some other peaceful SA dwarf cichlids that grow to up to 5 inches. Or in a 40 gallon you can raise a colony of jewel cichlids which is very beautiful.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I can recommend some smaller cool versions of the fish you have that fit for you tank. For example, a blue gourami is very similar to silver arowana in their color and graceful swimming style. Your catfish can be replaced by the cool upside down catfish, clown plecoo, or Cory cats. Your cichlids can be replaced by smaller cichlids such as Apistogramma, Bolivian rams (though DEFINITELY NOT GERMAN BLUE RAMS), Keyholes, Kribensis, and some other peaceful SA dwarf cichlids that grow to up to 5 inches. Or in a 40 gallon you can raise a colony of jewel cichlids which is very beautiful.
Blue gourami and arowana? Not sure about them being similar plus I’ve had gouramis before and I’m not a fan of many of them

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Why don’t u bring all of your fish into petco? Bring them all. See what they can’t take and go from there.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I really don’t understand why you didn’t bring your aro into a 55g at petco when you keep him in a 40g. That’s just my opinion. But like why didn’t U bring them all?

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I really don’t understand why you didn’t bring your aro into a 55g at petco when you keep him in a 40g. That’s just my opinion. But like why didn’t U bring them all?
The 55 there is the tank with disease I keep saying

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
no it's because the fish tanks at petco are nasty and imo nasty big tanks aren't as good as cleaner small tanks. And do u really trust Petco? since I put a 3 inch JD there once and they put it with an adult red devil and the next time I went, the JD was stuck to a filter.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
no it's because the fish tanks at petco are nasty and imo nasty big tanks aren't as good as cleaner small tanks. And do u really trust Petco? since I put a 3 inch JD there once and they put it with an adult red devil and the next time I went, the JD was stuck to a filter.
Of course you want the best for the fish but, seriously? He NEEDS to get rid of these fish. I sent him a place in Ohio that can take his fish whenever he wants to bring them in even for credit. At this point petco or petsmart IS better and if it does have a disease it really isn’t his problem. His goal should be to get rid of this fish ASAP. It has a higher chance living there than his current situation.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
There are good points both ways. Keeping the fish only keeps them out of someone better’s hands, but petco does have a reputation. IMO you’d be best off getting them to the petco, as it can get to someone from there. The disease becomes their problem. The fish isn’t going anywhere now, it has to get somewhere. Kolton13 Kolton13 are you talking about Ohio fish rescue? They are awesome and would definitely take your fish. They have lots of monsters including species you currently have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store