Dirty tank after camping

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
There are good points both ways. Keeping the fish only keeps them out of someone better’s hands, but petco does have a reputation. IMO you’d be best off getting them to the petco, as it can get to someone from there. The disease becomes their problem. The fish isn’t going anywhere now, it has to get somewhere. Kolton13 Kolton13 are you talking about Ohio fish rescue? They are awesome and would definitely take your fish. They have lots of monsters including species you currently have.
The disease might not be my problem at that point but I’m still going to worry about it. I mean I love the fish all of them and putting them in a tank at petco with disease isn’t just going to end with that. I’m going to worry about the fish and even though it isn’t my problem at that point I’m still going to want to make sure the fish goes to a healthy place but after the pet store sells it then I can’t do anything at that point

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
The disease might not be my problem at that point but I’m still going to worry about it. I mean I love the fish all of them and putting them in a tank at petco with disease isn’t just going to end with that. I’m going to worry about the fish and even though it isn’t my problem at that point I’m still going to want to make sure the fish goes to a healthy place but after the pet store sells it then I can’t do anything at that point
I do respect that. I’m sure I would have the same mentality in your situation.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I do respect that. I’m sure I would have the same mentality in your situation.
Yea I’m trying to look out for the fish. Even if it’s not mine anymore I still want to know updates on him and even though I know I shouldn’t care anymore and the fish is out of sight out of Mind. It’s not out of mind. The guy I sold my flagtail too I’ve still been asking for updates

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Yea I’m trying to look out for the fish. Even if it’s not mine anymore I still want to know updates on him and even though I know I shouldn’t care anymore and the fish is out of sight out of Mind. It’s not out of mind. The guy I sold my flagtail too I’ve still been asking for updates
Just be wary, not everyone would be happy hearing someone constantly ask about a fish that isn’t theirs anymore.

Reactions: FESHMAN and Rtc/tsn

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
Just be wary, not everyone would be happy hearing someone constantly ask about a fish that isn’t theirs anymore.
yeah I agree they may not like the idea of you two both "joint-stocking" on the flag tail. However, I would say if you really love your fish and want to "keep" them then I would HIGHLY recommend Ohio Fish Rescue. They have this thing that acts as a hotel for the fish, so if you want it back you can.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
yeah I agree they may not like the idea of you two both "joint-stocking" on the flag tail. However, I would say if you really love your fish and want to "keep" them then I would HIGHLY recommend Ohio Fish Rescue. They have this thing that acts as a hotel for the fish, so if you want it back you can.
Yea but OFR is on the other side of the state from me

WildenSowl

Feeder Fish
Sep 26, 2022
Tbh, I’ve never thought I’d ever need advice on that. I mean, each time I went camping, I asked my mother to clean the tank. But my mom has moved to this other city. That’s why I’m here. Luckily, this thread is full of useful and reasonable suggestions.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Tbh, I’ve never thought I’d ever need advice on that. I mean, each time I went camping, I asked my mother to clean the tank. But my mom has moved to this other city. That’s why I’m here. Luckily, this thread is full of useful and reasonable suggestions.
Forgot all about this thread lol glad my past mistakes can help someone else. What kinda fish do you keep

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store