Dirty tank after camping

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
They all have a 55 gallon tank for like koi and such right? At least petco does I think. And I think petsmart has some decent sized tanks too. And those are better than a 40.
Petco has a bow front 55 but it’s too packed full of decoration castles and plants that there’s hardly enough room for the fish they have in it. Petsmart has a like 55g breeder but they don’t have a lid in it nor do they have heaters it’s only for koi and would be way to cold for the aro

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Any updates??
Not really... the 29g is cleaned up and cycled again and going to move My sun cat, giraffe cat and vieja into. And as for the pacu it’s for sure being rehomed as soon as possible and last night talked to my cousin about helping me rehome

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
The arowana. I didn’t want to give to petco or petsmart because they’d be putting him in a 20 gallon with small goldfish. 1. I will not give my arowana to a place that will be even temporarily homing him in a 20 gallon tank 2. Both petco and petsmart do not take proper care of their guppie and tetras let alone an arowana. That move i feel is best for the fish as if I did give to petco or petsmart it would be a matter of days until it got some type of disease or broke its back from being in such a small tank.
I really don't understand your philosophy on fishkeeping. You have some pretty lame excuses not to rehome your Arowana to your LFSs. Now you're talking about putting a Black Belt cichlid and more large cats in your 29g. That's way to small for a Blackbelt and multiple cats. Every thread you start has fish species that grow way to big for your tank. I'm lost on what tanks and fish you even have right now. I guess I just don't get it. If I were you I would get rid of ALL of your fish and really rethink things. I wouldn't get any other fish until you have a larger tank or set up a small community tank in your 29g (no arowanas! lol). Not trying to be a d*** but damn brother. Okay, done ranting. Hope you get your 75g ASAP and NOT overstock it.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I really don't understand your philosophy on fishkeeping. You have some pretty lame excuses not to rehome your Arowana to your LFSs. Now you're talking about putting a Black Belt cichlid and more large cats in your 29g. That's way to small for a Blackbelt and multiple cats. Every thread you start has fish species that grow way to big for your tank. I'm lost on what tanks and fish you even have right now. I guess I just don't get it. If I were you I would get rid of ALL of your fish and really rethink things. I wouldn't get any other fish until you have a larger tank or set up a small community tank in your 29g (no arowanas! lol). Not trying to be a d*** but damn brother. Okay, done ranting. Hope you get your 75g ASAP and NOT overstock it.
I know I messed up when I chose my initial 40g stock honestly I knew nothing about fish at that time and now see how stupid I was. I’m trying to rehome all my fish and get the 75 as fast as I can but it’s hard for me to do that. Not because I love all the fish but because I live in really small town and not too many people keep fish around here and honestly I refuse to put my arowana in a disease ridden tank. I understand that my tank isn’t suitable for him but a tank with a bunch of disease and dead fish would be even worse. And as for the 29g the fish that I’m moving to it are still small the sun cat is 2-3” and giraffe cat is 4-5” both are very inactive and I’m only moving the jd to the 29g until I can get it to my friends house and keeping vieja in the 40

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
Pardon me I haven't read the whole thread but if you want a fast way to clear out the particles from the water just get a hang on filter and fill it with polyester padding. You could cut down on the stock a little it's a bit crowded imo

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Pardon me I haven't read the whole thread but if you want a fast way to clear out the particles from the water just get a hang on filter and fill it with polyester padding. You could cut down on the stock a little it's a bit crowded imo
Yea I’ve been working on rehoming and last week I updated my filter contents and it’s been a lot more efficient and clean than just a activated carbon filter

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Im sorry for jumping to conclusions, but you are in a nasty situation. The arro is Atleast 1/3 of the tank, not to menssion the other fish. You need to give those fish away, NOT for money. Face it. You bought the wrong fish. Deal with the consequences.

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
Patience is your friend brother. I know you want to keep all of these cool monster fish, but you also got to give them a good comfortable home to thrive in. If I were you I'd wait till I could afford a big enough tank then I'd get the fish. I'm not trying to turn this into a lecture but trust me you'll save yourself a lot of aggravation and the whole "I'll upgrade later" deal. Plus there are many many many interesting fish that can happily live in a smaller tank. Cheers

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Patience is your friend brother. I know you want to keep all of these cool monster fish, but you also got to give them a good comfortable home to thrive in. If I were you I'd wait till I could afford a big enough tank then I'd get the fish. I'm not trying to turn this into a lecture but trust me you'll save yourself a lot of aggravation and the whole "I'll upgrade later" deal. Plus there are many many many interesting fish that can happily live in a smaller tank. Cheers
Thanks. I’m trying to be patient but it’s getting harder and harder with my situation and The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow . I know the situation is terrible I hate it I feel bad for the fish I’m really trying to fix it and yea the consequences are here and it sucks but it has to happen

Reactions: The Masked Shadow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store