DIY Acrylic 6x4 (pic intense)

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
Nice build and update....how are you liking that tetra pressure filter? Im running one on my 300g for my closed loop.
Not bad. Although I have a heck of a time getting the lid to seal anytime I need to open it. That being the case, I'm not sure if it's just a bad seal or if they are not able to withstand the GPH they advertise. I'm running around 1200 GPH they are rated for a lot more than that...

Thanks to all for the compliments.

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
I was reading over this thread and thinking about building a acrylic tank from sheets of acrylic. I also calculated the water capacity of this tank and it's at least 350 gallons of water.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Good dimension choice, probably saved a lot of money because they equate to exact number of sheets, 6x4x2 is I believe maximized dimensions for 2-3 sheets of acrylic. I was going to do the exact same build.

Reactions: scott s

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
Good dimension choice, probably saved a lot of money because they equate to exact number of sheets, 6x4x2 is I believe maximized dimensions for 2-3 sheets of acrylic. I was going to do the exact same build.
Actually, I could have built a 8x4 for the same price. I just did not have the room. So the sheets had to be cut down and I lost out on the excess acrylic. I lost out on a little bit of money as well because each cut costs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store