DIY Plywood 1200Gallon -Officialy Started

Good_Times

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
South-Africa
I just imagined that stand collapsing while you crawling under :D, just kiddin that looks really sturdy. You are really lucky that tank fits so snuggly between those walls, that way they provide great support against warping from the panels on that side.

Are you going to use any heat insulation?

I love your amazon biotope idea, a tank full of smaller community fish in a big tank looks much more beautiful than a few large fish in a bare tank in my opinion.

Maybe you could find a piece of driftwood at a local lake or river or cut down a small tree.

Good Luck I hope for the best.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
I did not use any insulaton on it, the room will always be a hot room, wouldnt insulation also keep heat out? I was thinking it goes both ways, and this is a really hot room already, so i dont think it is a problem. I have a 2200W heating cable in the ground aswell, really delicious.

About the driftwood i also think id have to drive around and check the lakes around here..

I have had this idea of making small acrylic boxes, glue them on the sidewalls, in different hights, paint them black, and put some plants in there, since i have stingrays i dont think that is such a bad idea.. And I personaly think it would be ok with a few plants in there(colors). What do you guys think?

stevenhman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2011
Murfreesboro, TN
Nice work!

I think that is a good idea - you could even do the same thing on the driftwood. It might look more natural growing off of the wood rather than just out of the back and sides of the tank.

Good_Times

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
South-Africa
Your probably right about the insulation, I know we bought frozen fish when on holiday then rapped them in newspaper and old sleeping bags and they were still frozen when we came home after an 8 hour drive.

The acrylic box idea sounds good, you could also glue some rocks to them to give a natural look and you just cant go wrong with some java fern or moss growing on the driftwood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store