DIY Plywood 1200Gallon -Officialy Started

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
I would take a syringe and just squirt some in there to be safe. I have done this on smaller 160L tank with small air pocket in the corner.
But then again a 160L aint a 1200gal.
Its actually 30 of them :p hehe! Il see what i do,when i take out the supports tomorrow il might lay a line around the whole window. If that is what it takes to make my mind still, why not. Not that big off a deal to do anyways.

rustyspurs

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2009
ballynahinch n. ireland
Thats what i was thinking aswell. And its also like 4-5mm thick, we pushed and pushed, but couldnt get it closer to the epoxy.. Any other people have opinions about this?

Im thinking sunday, so that i let it sit for 3,5-4 days... Im nervous as hell! If this is not waterproof im gonna cry all the way to the bank.. This is a 6000$ piece of joy.
i had a knot in my stomach when i first filled mine, though my brother standing with the camcorder 'cause when this fails it'll be a you-tube classic' didnt help :),
i actually had a leak around my viewing window, a small trickle but a leaks a leak.
it was my own fault as id originally used normal non aquarium grade silicone, thinking there couldnt be that much of a difference between silicone.. how wrong i was.
Good luck for sunday, ill be watching for the ' successful fill ' post.

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
Im a littlebit nervous, but i cant see how this could fail me. I will run a line around the whole window i think, just for piece of mind as you said.

Il keep you guys posted on sunday:)

Vidar-Alexander

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
Sauda/ Norway
It is 19 mm Securit glass. Hardened.
Same type we use in bullit proof glass. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store