Feeding fish mice?

lolpard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2009
Calfornia
If you feed your snake live food please always supervise. I left a rat in with my boa overnight with food in there for the rat and nearly lost my snake. It took 9 months and hundreds if not over 1000.00 to save him. I stopped counting after a while and just paid....

He was scared for life but eventually recovered and then eventually died of gout. I think that the trauma may have weakened him.

jdibble3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
U.S.A.
rain21;4675037; said:
when i had piranhas I gave them dead fish which i bought from market.. i had about 8 piranhas 3-6 inches big
do exactly the same thing and throw some live gold fish in there sometimes too

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Years ago a house mouse fell into my wolffish tank and in the morning the tail end was sticking out of wolfies mouth.

Josh Willer

Feeder Fish
Jun 3, 2017
Wow you sure feed a lot of diffferant foods!

I have kept piranhas for over 10 years and can say the best food is ham. This has been the best food for me. I have bought 20 piranhas in my life. I have kept thousands from breeding pairs. I sell them to local pet stores. I still have the same shoal in my 1000 gallon custom in wall tank. 20 adult red belly piranhas. They ate plain ham from 1 inch long when I got them till now. They are all about a foot long today and all still alive. Long lifespan and they breed many times a year. Never fed anything else but plain ham. I have only 4 females and 16 males. ( Odd IK. Thought when I got them the ratio would be more even). Must have ham with nothing added but salt. Soak in water in a bowl in the fridge to remove some of the salt. I take ham from freezer thaw for 4 hours then place in a gallon of water and soak in the fridge for 2 days. Mine get fed once a week. Piranhas are a frenzy fish. Unless you want to pick up uneaten food on the bottom of the tank, feed 1 time a week. I give my adult pack 2 pounds of ham every sunday. They all eat and devour the block of ham quickly. No meat left behind and they all eat. Over the years I have learned this is the way to feed them. If you want your whole shoal well fed. I run custom sump filters with a massive amount of filter media ( I use two 210 gallon tanks just for my media!) and twin 1 hp pumps. My 1000 gallon is acrylic and I drilled twin holes mid way up the tank on the side for the filter output pipes. Stainless fittings and copper pipe! (Yeah I take this serious) This was my dream for a adult pack piranha tank. The outputs of twin 1 hp pumps midway up the tank seem like the amazon river to the piranhas. Strong current. I turn 1 pump off when a pair is getting ready to spawn. Electric bill is high. But hey my piranhas are my only pets! ( I do have 6 over a foot long plecos in there too though :))

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store