feeding salmon fillet to jaridini?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I kow what you mean friendo! It pisses me off everytime my group of growout silver dollars turn their noses up at the small NLS pellets but greedily gobble up the Tetra granules......and big greedy peacock bass absolutely ignores the Northfin pellets.
Maaaan its probably whats annoying me most lately. I have one poly that refuses anything but tilapia starved that sucker for over a month, wouldnt give. The rest of the primodonas wont eat any pellets besides NLS. Theres asses are about to go on a major diet :naughty:

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I happen to totally agree. My fish have all grown accustomed to eat (almost) whatever I offer, as I have trialed so many different products over the years that they soon learn that there is no other option. If I hit the odd brand, or usually just formula of a particular brand that some refuse, I don't lose any sleep over it - as long as they eat everything else. I have my favorite brand/formulas, but my fish have most definitely been trained to eat what is offered. Or get real hungry.

Reactions: islandguy11

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Yup just like i said he didnt have any issues. Seems like dave also said its not used as a staple.

The fact that a food doesn't result in immediate issues when feeding, doesn't equate to it being a quality food. I'm fine with rotating food, including fresh/frozen, whatever, but when doing so I don't see the point of rotating low or poor quality foods. Especially foods that offer very little if anything beyond what the fish is already consuming on a weekly basis. Insect food sounds so novel, so cool, to gullible consumers. The reality is that fly larvae meal is only added in a limited amount, along with some questionable non essential terrestrial based plant matter, all the while completely lacking in quality (more costly) aquatic based vegetation. All a trained eye will see is a food that is attempting to sell itself as natural, eco-friendly and/or sustainable, while cutting corners everywhere possible. Hagen, a brand that started years ago in Montreal, is not exactly known here in Canada, or anywhere else, as selling high quality food.
But hey, suit yourselves. Good luck.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
No issues meaning the fish ate it, none died, the water didnt turn radioactive , his taxes didnt increase, and the fish didnt mutate grow legs and strangle him in his sleep :thumbsup::woot::ROFL:

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
No issues meaning the fish ate it, none died, the water didnt turn radioactive , his taxes didnt increase, and the fish didnt mutate grow legs and strangle him in his sleep :thumbsup::woot::ROFL:
Short and sweet. I like it.

Reactions: Krismo962

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Short and sweet. I like it.
Ya know if it did grow legs... you could claim it as a dependent and LOWER your taxes haha

Reactions: LBDave

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
But that's the thing, Frank. I don't care what issues you or others have, or don't have. I don't post on MFK to appease you or anyone else. I weigh in on what I want, and how I want, in the hopes that those that actually do come here to learn, can do so. Not just follow the nodding heads .....

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
But that's the thing, Frank. I don't care what issues you or others have, or don't have. I don't post on MFK to appease you or anyone else. I weigh in on what I want, and how I want, in the hopes that those that actually do come here to learn, can do so. Not just follow the nodding heads .....

What are you even talking about ? Are you soo petty you're going to follow me around and argue every chance you get ? Its was a F'n joke. If you dont care about my issues i guess i can look forward to you not quoting me every chance you get or replying to any thread i create.

I said he had no issues nothing about making a staple... you want to take that and expand it... go ahead rock on but please stop the hall way monitor crap you look like an angry child

Reactions: Krismo962

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
My mistake, sometimes I forget that these discussions don't always involve grown ups. Dave gets upset because I went ballistic, and accuses me of starting another nutrition saga, after simply posting a comment about a food (that the OP wasn't even asking anything about), and you are just being a funny guy. Sure, ok pal. My idea of humor must be a lot different than yours. I just found it to be strangely juvenile.

And I wasn't following you, I was tagged to join this discussion. You didn't create this thread. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store