first try decorations

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Great idea!

How did you secure the plants to the light diffuser?

mniles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
Great idea!

How did you secure the plants to the light diffuser?
Silicone. Took forever. Lol.I siliconed on eshort light green to one tall dark green, then siliconed them together in pairs, then to the diffuser. Only thing that stinks is when it was out of tank I liked how random it looked, now that it's in the tank its too uniform I wish I would have cut them to random heights so I may do that later.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I think hot glue would greatly speed up the process

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

mniles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
I think hot glue would greatly speed up the process
I agree but I tried a small section and the bichirs kept knocking them out of the diffuser, for the next time I think I will hot glue everything, then just run a bead over the bottom of it with silicone after to strengthen it all up.

mniles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
I like it but needs more tall grass.
I think so too. O only bought one grouping of grass being cheap, when I cut them I would like to add a lot more grass, and what do you guys think about adding 2 or 3 more rows of leaves? Covering half of the bottom?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I agree but I tried a small section and the bichirs kept knocking them out of the diffuser, for the next time I think I will hot glue everything, then just run a bead over the bottom of it with silicone after to strengthen it all up.
just run the hot glue over the bottom and bond each individual plant base.....I don't think silicone will adhere to hot glue anyway

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I think so too. O only bought one grouping of grass being cheap, when I cut them I would like to add a lot more grass, and what do you guys think about adding 2 or 3 more rows of leaves? Covering half of the bottom?
Depends on the fish stock because trust me it'll be a pain to gravel vac and get crap out of those. I have some fake grass in my tank and seems like they from the water flow it just gets stuck in there. I have to tie down like an anchor to my plants because my fish will break it off

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store