krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
1200! They have a few other eels as well. A banana eel, a black spotted moray, and some freshwater eels I didn't get too good a look at. They have an amazing selection of saltwater fish that most stores don't seem to have, including mantis shrimp, an octopus, some groupers, live conchs, seahorses, and lots and lots of coral!
Sounds like that place is top notch.I've kept octopus in the past,very cool pets and I've always wanted a dragon eel.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Sounds like that place is top notch.I've kept octopus in the past,very cool pets and I've always wanted a dragon eel.
I’d love an octopus - just sucks how short a lifespan most have.
I agree, this is a really nice lfs by the sound of it!

Reactions: MetalRavioli

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I’d love an octopus - just sucks how short a lifespan most have.
I agree, this is a really nice lfs by the sound of it!
Yes,it's a shame they have such short lifespans.I've had a few different species,even had a blue ring.

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
Some more fish from my other LFS, I think I’ll make this a thread of fish I see at my LFS’s

Oscar!!
View attachment 1493480

Cute little goby!
View attachment 1493481

Arsenio, my bichir who’s on hold there
View attachment 1493482

Congo puffer!!
View attachment 1493483

A baby silver arowana!!! He is very cute and shy
View attachment 1493484

Perculla!
View attachment 1493485
Another goby!
View attachment 1493486
cute little pleco! His eyes are very beautiful
View attachment 1493488
There was a dog there as well. I do not know his name nor the breed but he was very cute and polite, he came up to me and we had a very polite conversation.View attachment 1493487
where is the second shop? the cow patch fenny in the tank with the silver aro the dog looks like the service manager from Tropic isles dog but the floor doesnt.

first shop has to be Neds

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
where is the second shop? the dog looks like the service manager from Tropic isles dog but the floor doesnt.

first shop has to be Neds
Great that you brought this up. I just realized that OP is from Mass (where I am from), which means that the fish in the pictures are from stores near me!

Just a question for OP and CrazyPhishMan since you two are from MA: 1) Does Tropical Isle carry cichlids? 2) Is Fish Nook Pet Center good?

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
Great that you brought this up. I just realized that OP is from Mass (where I am from), which means that the fish in the pictures are from stores near me!

Just a question for OP and CrazyPhishMan since you two are from MA: 1) Does Tropical Isle carry cichlids? 2) Is Fish Nook Pet Center good?
Tropic isle carries mostly saltwater and general community fish. I've been pushing Katie to bring in more SA and CA fish. She has a trio of 4" Uaru, JD's GT's. she personally keeps reef and planted tanks.

she updates the list on their site about 2x a week.

Fish nook does have cichlids but i wouldn't spend any money there- fish nook is easily the closest lfs to my house and i just dont like their approach at all. he buys the smallest available sizes, charges adult size prices and never has groups. Fish Nook IMO is the same cost as ordering from a vendor and shipping but without the quality or availability

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
is the second store all things aquatic? they have awesome adult triggers typically
First place is Ned’s, you’re right! And the second is in fact all things aquatic! I go to the both very regularly, and I currently have a Bichir on hold at all things aquatic! Both really great stores and it’s awesome to see people who have been to both of them!

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com

I haven’t actually been to any of those before, I haven’t even heard of them! I’m relatively newer to the hobby, so it’s good to know if at least the first one so I can go there and check it out!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store