Fry food - is live essential .. best kinds etc - opinions - results

Is live food essential to raise healthy fry?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I use what's around. Ground fish food, egg yolk, spinach, ground dried bloodworms, anything. Just try to feed more protein and more often. IME the most important thing is keeping the tank warm, warmer even than your main or breeding tank.

Tomt37

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2017
Thanks .. the batch of blue acaras I have are doing great .. but I think they're a hardy forgiving species .. temp at 28 and mixing live / dead and dry .. using a good dose of aquarium salt and plenty of water changes and going really well so far ..touch wood .. next I'm going to try Bettas danios and angels .. bred discus and angels before but didn't separate and raise fry so only one or two survived in tank

Tomt37

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2017
Loving the microworms.. first time ever tried it .. started a mash potato culture and am oats culture last night from the worms I got on eBay and they're already starting up the sides .. put them in a cupboard under stairs and can't smell anything except a yeast smell when I open box .. tried a tiny bit with fish and they were just as popular as brine shrimp - this is gonna save me a crap load of time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store