Guess what I got!!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I had a WC mangrove monitor about 25 years ago that would only eat live mice n lizards. That was pretty bad
Definitely willing to break my rule for a monitor lol.
I’d love an ackie.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Joshuakahan Joshuakahan mangroves are one of my favorite monitors. Were you able to tame yours down?
A little bit, but he never stopped clawing me up or pooping on me. I had to use welding gloves when it got bigger. As far as the food, I was able to get it on insects, but I still had to give it live mice and lizards and eventually small rats occasionally. I would leave the room because he didn’t always just swallow them whole if you know what I mean.

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
At one point I was thinking of selling all my tanks and just having either a tegu or a quince monitor, but the tegus brumation and the monitors handleability deterred me. The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow tegus are like big Blue tongue skinks when it comes to feeding. Frozen chicks are not hard to find.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
At one point I was thinking of selling all my tanks and just having either a tegu or a quince monitor, but the tegus brumation and the monitors handleability deterred me. The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow tegus are like big Blue tongue skinks when it comes to feeding. Frozen chicks are not hard to find.
+1 and columbian tegus don’t get all that big, although they’re not very friendly compared to Argentinian tegus. Chilean dwarf tegus are the best of both worlds. Only 18” max and very friendly, but nowadays hard to find. They use to be super common

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
It was a very close toss up between an Argentine Tegu and a bird. Ended up with this demon
View attachment 1464688
Same for me the major deciding factor was diet. If I was in a house that I could get a separate freezer then the above pic would be a Tegu.
Nice sun conure!, I used to keep birds, reptiles and fish. Now it’s just fish. Lol I had an Congo grey and a jenday conure which similar to a sun

Reactions: Deadeye and Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store