Gulper question

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
Recently got 2 gulpers cats 3 days ago and all they do is chill under the sponge filter together. Iv been keeping the lights off to see if they'll move around a bit but they don't really. I havnt tried feeding them I'll be getting shrimp this weekend but I was just wondering if this is normal? I have 6 neon tetras in there so hopefully if they get hungry enough they'll eat them. Also how should I try to feed the shrimp? Just use tongs and put it close to them? Should I leave the shrimp in the tan for a but?

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
To really get enjoyment out of them, I'd hand feed the gulpers. You can do it with the tongs first and move on up from there. They likely don't associate you with food yet as well. I also doubt that they'll bother going after neon tetras given the size of their typical food items.

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
Yea the reason I chose neon tetras was because if they don't eat them I can add quite a few more and have a bit more color/ variety in the tank. I just got home from work and saw 1 swimming up near the top... pretty damn cool

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store