GULPER

Alexhelem23

Feeder Fish
Dec 14, 2018
Hello new to the page but could really use some help I put the largest mystery snail I had in my gulper tank just for one day to help clean up and I was gonna take it out tomorrow I fed my gulper right before i put the snail in the tank and i came back today and he ATE it hes got a big belly and I'm sure he can handle the size but i am worried can a gulper digest a snail shell

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
How big was the shell?

Alexhelem23

Feeder Fish
Dec 14, 2018
False alarm I found the snail and apparently my gulper has a sense oh humor and likes to play puffer fish has anyone had ther gulper just blow up there belly all fat for no reason?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter he might be able to give you an answer.

Reactions: Alexhelem23

Alexhelem23

Feeder Fish
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you, and the snail was alittle bigger than a golf ball and that's exactly the size his stomach got, I really didnt think hed even pay much attention to it after he already ate which apparently was true.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
False alarm I found the snail and apparently my gulper has a sense oh humor and likes to play puffer fish has anyone had ther gulper just blow up there belly all fat for no reason?
It's not humor :) It's a part of gulper physiology, I believe. Mine and others do this too. It is almost as if they are rinsing the tummy or stretching it with water.

The first time it got me alarmed too :)

IDK if the gulper could digest a large snail shell, hence, I'd personally not risk it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store