Guys you were right need to stay away from Reddit.

Egemen

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2022
It's u/darkbacon567 isn't it? He's been misinforming people left and right. I've argued with him on Rrddit several times before and it baffles me how stubborn someone can be.

I really hate using this word, but he's a retard.
Yep that guy. Every time I put "Senegal Bichir" and "40 Breeder" in the same sentence someone comes up and calls me an animal abuser. Some dude said what I was doing was keeping someone in a bathroom for their lives... What did you two argue about ?

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
Yep that guy. Every time I put "Senegal Bichir" and "40 Breeder" in the same sentence someone comes up and calls me an animal abuser. Some dude said what I was doing was keeping someone in a bathroom for their lives... What did you two argue about ?
He identified a cardinal tetra as a neon so I corrected him and showed him pictures of the differences between the 2 species. He said he ID'd it as a neon because its colours were dull. He literally made up his own way of telling them apart despite a clear morphological differnace and insisted it was a neon.

And if that wasn't enough, he misidentifed some black ruby barbs as tiger barbs. Once again I corrected him with proof but he remained stubborn. The OP posted some cleared pics and proved my point. And you know what he said? "see i knew it". I hate this dude with a passion.

Not only that, but he goes around acting like the fish police and saying people's tanks are too small.

Egemen

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2022
He identified a cardinal tetra as a neon so I corrected him and showed him pictures of the differences between the 2 species. He said he ID'd it as a neon because its colours were dull. He literally made up his own way of telling them apart despite a clear morphological differnace and insisted it was a neon.

Not only that, but he goes around acting like the fish police and saying people's tanks are too small.
I mean he managed to make me feel like **** and go back down the spiral I was in 3 weeks ago about how I was torturing these animals so good on him he does his job well. Also bruh Cardinal Tetra and Neon Tetra have really easy to tell differences that was dumb of him.

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
I mean he managed to make me feel like **** and go back down the spiral I was in 3 weeks ago about how I was torturing these animals so good on him he does his job well. Also bruh Cardinal Tetra and Neon Tetra have really easy to tell differences that was dumb of him.
Yeah he's pretty much undoing the good work done by others who actually have the knowledge and experience.

Reactions: Matteus

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
The bichir sub on Reddit is a little better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store