Guys you were right need to stay away from Reddit.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I honestly don't know why anyone would bother with other sites, where know alls and trolls proliferate. Such people don't last two minutes on here. They're found out in a heartbeat and gone, either banned, or in abject resignation that they simply can't stand toe to toe with the wealth of knowledge on here.

Reactions: Matteus

Egemen

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2022
Good to know people agree with me here and dont think I am an animal abuser thanks all of you. Thanks for being a welcoming community about educating people and not being toxic.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
Arguing with people on the internet will rarely accomplish much. He probably saw a platinum Endli pic somewhere and has no idea it's two different species.

Don't worry about it in the least, if you ever feel guilty throw in an extra couple water changes lol

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
The misconception of average senegals getting 20-24" is pretty annoying. Other bichir species, like ornates, very well can, but when it comes to senegals, Lake Turkana specimens are the only ones that get that size. They're incredibly rare, anyway.

Egemen

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2022
The misconception of average senegals getting 20-24" is pretty annoying. Other bichir species, like ornates, very well can, but when it comes to senegals, Lake Turkana specimens are the only ones that get that size. They're incredibly rare, anyway.
Yeah guess so. Honestly forcing people is worse. Like people here told me that my 40B was fine but bigger was always better. I was like "yeah guess these people know their fish" and already I have small plans about getting a bigger tank. I am not under the stress of it being something I MUST have so it helps. I am more like "oh if I ever have the money I will upgrade". People on Reddit go batshit crazy and say you must get a bigger tank NOW and its a MUST and youre an animal abuser if you DONT.

Reactions: xenacanth9

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
A lot of people think there is just one type of bichir and that it gets 20” + this is why I think if you haven’t kept it or don’t know what your talking about then don’t talk about it or try to give advice. It’s really frustrating and the truth is that most of these people are only posting bc the feel like arguing.

Egemen

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2022
A lot of people think there is just one type of bichir and that it gets 20” + this is why I think if you haven’t kept it or don’t know what your talking about then don’t talk about it or try to give advice. It’s really frustrating and the truth is that most of these people are only posting bc the feel like arguing.
I at least tried explaining it. Just bothers me that there are people out there that think I torture animals for my own ego. (Yes someone said that to me)

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
I at least tried explaining it. Just bothers me that there are people out there that think I torture animals for my own ego. (Yes someone said that to me)
There's a lot of people that think a lot of things. Best suggestion possible is to either remove yourself from all reddit aquarium groups, or just hold off from ever posting in them.

Egemen

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2022
There's a lot of people that think a lot of things. Best suggestion possible is to either remove yourself from all reddit aquarium groups, or just hold off from ever posting in them.
Guess so. This place is a way better way to talk to people and get Info anyway. Reddit people mostly ise Google as their holy book.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store