Haitiensis Growth Thread

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Well the time has come to thin out the herd. I woke up to my second largest dead and beaten up badly and the remaining 2 being chased mercilessly by the male and female. I’m going to put them back in the 20 gallon for now and possibly put them on Craig’s list or something.

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I got the same thing going on with some dovii I recently got, I am pulling the second male tonight. He is getting his arse handed to him by the other three. I am still planning on growing it out for a while just in case, since I had to order them to get them. You may want to hang on to one of the others for a while if they were hard to get.

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I got the same thing going on with some dovii I recently got, I am pulling the second male tonight. He is getting his arse handed to him by the other three. I am still planning on growing it out for a while just in case, since I had to order them to get them. You may want to hang on to one of the others for a while if they were hard to get.
Ironically that’s all I have left. The dominant one in the 20 gallon killed its tank mate Saturday night. I plan on growing it out. I think it’s a female but I’m not sure

Reactions: robham777

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Ironically that’s all I have left. The dominant one in the 20 gallon killed its tank mate Saturday night. I plan on growing it out. I think it’s a female but I’m not sure
Gotcha. Oh the joys of aggressive cichlid keeping. They are awesome looking specimens.

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Whats the update on the nasties bro ?
Been super busy bro. I’ll grab a video tonight when I get off. What I can tell you is that I now only have 3 left. The pair are getting along nicely in the 75g and the last of the extras is cozy in my spare 20 gallon until I figure out what to do with it. Other than that they’ve been up to their usual shenanigans. Had to re train them to eat pellets again because they stopped after they ate those 16 tetras lol

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
Man! I didn't know this was your first time keeping fish. You're doing a great job learning as you go. You must have done your homework before getting started. Nice vid on the sump.

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Man! I didn't know this was your first time keeping fish. You're doing a great job learning as you go. You must have done your homework before getting started. Nice vid on the sump.
Lol Na I’ve been in the hobby since 2013. This is my first time with an aggressive cichlid species though. I can keep an aquarium running. Just learning to identify Cichlid behavior and keep them healthy

Reactions: Covetous
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store