HELP!! HELP

how to see if he is hurt? how can I heal him?

• interior bleeding

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something more serious

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

birchir

Feeder Fish
May 13, 2018
I have a deoiler in my tank and today both the tank fuilter and the deoiler was on. I could see that he was a little upset by because he was being pushed around by the current. However, I didn't give that much thought because usually when this happens he just goes and hids in his little house. Unfortunatly today, he started to jump out of the water and somehow managed to land head down in the deoiler. Thank goodness that there was a bunch of filter materal there so he didn't get shedded but I think the not being immersed in water and having water washing down him from behind, not to mention the stuggling he must have done to try to get out, really hurt him. Also worst of all, I don't know when he did this, he could have been there for hours. He isn't showing any obvious signs of injures, just a little blood spot on his mouth but thats not too serious, he heals very fast. But he is extremely inactive(according to his usual standards) and I'm worried that he might have interior bleeding. What can I do to find out if he is ok or not? What are some signs or precautions I can take?

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
I have a deoiler in my tank and today both the tank fuilter and the deoiler was on. I could see that he was a little upset by because he was being pushed around by the current. However, I didn't give that much thought because usually when this happens he just goes and hids in his little house. Unfortunatly today, he started to jump out of the water and somehow managed to land head down in the deoiler. Thank goodness that there was a bunch of filter materal there so he didn't get shedded but I think the not being immersed in water and having water washing down him from behind, not to mention the stuggling he must have done to try to get out, really hurt him. Also worst of all, I don't know when he did this, he could have been there for hours. He isn't showing any obvious signs of injures, just a little blood spot on his mouth but thats not too serious, he heals very fast. But he is extremely inactive(according to his usual standards) and I'm worried that he might have interior bleeding. What can I do to find out if he is ok or not? What are some signs or precautions I can take?
Add salt to the water, keep water conditions pristine, keep water well aerated and don't feed it till it becomes better. As u mentioned, bichirs are fast healers and tough fishes. Do the above and it should recover quickly. Good luck

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Not moving much could be stress. Follow instructions from above, reduce the lighting and keep a good eye on your fish. I doubt it'd be bleeding internally without some sort of trauma, and bichirs can survive out of water for quite some time.

Hope the fish recovers :)

Reactions: clm08k and tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
As others have mentioned. Reduce stress and wait. Keep the water clean.

Reactions: tlindsey

birchir

Feeder Fish
May 13, 2018
Thank you guys so much:) What kind of salt do I put? the kind we eat? Also in order to keep it clean I would have to change some water, would he be able to handle it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store