Help my arowana is dying

THHoang4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2016
my 6 inch arowana is barely swimming and he seems really weak. He was fine this morning but when i came home hes really weak. I dont know what to do i cant test the ammonia or ph level cause i was planning on buying to tmrw. I just moved him into a new tank and i put in "prime" to remove chlorine. he was living in a 30 gallon tank, i know its small but im waiting for him to get bigger to get a new one, he now sits in a 10 gallon tank. PLEASE HELP ME

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
<--- giggling. I am sorry not meaning to offend but gees,

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I meant to say a different tank, the tank is 10 gallons
Did you move the filter media into the new tank with him? Because if not the new tank won't be cycled.

How often do you change his water, and how much do you change each time?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
<--- giggling. I am sorry not meaning to offend but gees,
I thought the same, but its better to educate than discriminate I guess. :)

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
ohh I agree, just the info is out there, articles here in site along with so many others. I get so frustrated when folk do not make use of it, and instead ask me to spend time giving the info that is right at there finger tips. do the research, follow the instructions, if you still having problems, by all means post and ask.

THHoang4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2016
Did you move the filter media into the new tank with him? Because if not the new tank won't be cycled.

How often do you change his water, and how much do you change each time?
I've only had him for about 2 weeks, and I didn't move the media filter with him cause I feel like her started acting this way because I started using a different media filter. The new media filter I put in was fluval clear max

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
ohh I agree, just the info is out there, articles here in site along with so many others. I get so frustrated when folk do not make use of it, and instead ask me to spend time giving the info that is right at there finger tips. do the research, follow the instructions, if you still having problems, by all means post and ask.
Agree 100%. But unfortunately people do not and will not research if there's a chance that someone else will do it for them.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
well then again i giggle, better than getting worked up over and shaming them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store