Help my arowana is dying

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I've only had him for about 2 weeks, and I didn't move the media filter with him cause I feel like her started acting this way because I started using a different media filter. The new media filter I put in was fluval clear max
If that's the case your tank isn't cycled. Google "aquarium nitrogen cycle" and "aquarium areobic bacteria"

That should be enough to get you started. If you have any questions while you're researching, don't hesitate to ask.

Also google "minimum tank size for arowana" and read up on that. :)

THHoang4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2016
well then again i giggle, better than getting worked up over and shaming them.
If you're not gonna help please leave. I'm not forcing you to help me, people come on this website for help others because they're kind enough too. I've tried searching up how to fix this problem I'm having but nothing is showing up so that why I'm asking people because they also might have been in this situation. So like I wrote above, if you're not gonna help please leave

THHoang4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2016
If that's the case your tank isn't cycled. Google "aquarium nitrogen cycle" and "aquarium areobic bacteria"

That should be enough to get you started. If you have any questions while you're researching, don't hesitate to ask.

Also google "minimum tank size for arowana" and read up on that. :)
Thanks for using your time to help me! It means a lot!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Thank you kittiee, :)

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Sorry tony, kittiee is right, My apolagise sir. please look up and read what she has posted.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
If you're not gonna help please leave. I'm not forcing you to help me, people come on this website for help others because they're kind enough too. I've tried searching up how to fix this problem I'm having but nothing is showing up so that why I'm asking people because they also might have been in this situation. So like I wrote about, if you're not gonna help please leave
Don't get angry at pops, he is a very knowledgeable man, you have to remember that the people on mfk have answered this kind of question 1000 times over, you can imagine how annoying it would get after a while. :)

Just Google what I wrote and read up on it. You'll find out what's wrong with your arowana after you read about the nitrogen cycle. :)

And you're welcome. :)

THHoang4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2016
Don't get angry at pops, he is a very knowledgeable man, you have to remember that the people on mfk have answered this kind of question 1000 times over, you can imagine how annoying it would get after a while. :)

Just Google what I wrote and read up on it. You'll find out what's wrong with your arowana after you read about the nitrogen cycle. :)

And you're welcome. :)
I'm sorry, I'm just very stress out about this and seeing my arowana like this makes me sad

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I have been keeping fish along time kittiee, i have been answering and helping folks a long time, my response is chased do to that some times. but is no excuse, :)

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I'm sorry, I'm just very stress out about this and seeing my arowana like this makes me sad
I can understand that. But the angrier and more upset you get, the less your brain will think like a normal person, and the more silly, desperate decisions you will make. The best thing to do in these situations is to keep calm (or as calm as you can) and read read read! :)

And pops is probably the one that deserves the apology, not me. ;)

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
tony to help you and your fish right off the bat, pristine water is the best thing you can do for your fish, do a fin level water change, do nothing else. do not touch your filters, let em run,
and then read up. that guy will not live long in a 10g, so best be looking to a 240, in the mean time every day is a fin level water change, or 90%.

any info you have other tanks, size, stalk would be a great help along with water change schedule, and please I highly suggest getting an API Master Fresh Water Test Kit so you know ware your perams are running and when to do water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store