Help Needed Urgent

Zosharf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello my flowerhorn which I got 2 days ago has not eaten yet . It is supposedly 3 months old . It just stays near the filter and sometimes doing a laptop around the Aquarium. how do I get it to start eating

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Don’t worry, it’s most likely just being a pain. It’s completely normal for any cichlid to go on a hunger strike after being moved into a new tank. Just keep trying to feed it, it will get hungry eventually.
Just to rule out any issues, is it gasping for air at the filter or just hiding?

Zosharf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2021
Deadeye Deadeye it just chills near the filter and when I tap the glass it swims around

CaptainAquatics

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
I agree with above, Flowerhorns are not like mollies/platies where they will eat 1 minute after being added to a new tank, Flowerhorns can take days, sometimes a week to get used to a new tank/owner.

Zosharf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2021
So do I put a few pellets in everyday Deadeye Deadeye

CaptainAquatics

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
Deadeye Deadeye it just chills near the filter and when I tap the glass it swims around
Larger fish (such as Flowerhorns/BP’s/Oscars) like to mope when added to a new tank. It’s normal (DONT TAP THE GLASS!!!)

EDIT: May I ask what sizes tank he is in, also no. I would recommend not feeding him for a few days then see if he is hungry.

Reactions: Krismo962

Zosharf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2021
I agree with above, Flowerhorns are not like mollies/platies where they will eat 1 minute after being added to a new tank, Flowerhorns can take days, sometimes a week to get used to a new tank/owner.
Ok thx do I put a few pellets in every day and see if it wats

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store