help: stingray has red mouth

godfreylang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philippines
Hi guys, need some help. My stingray suddenly developed redness in its mouth and i see it opens its mouth widely when it climbs the glass or glides on water. It has been like this for a week now and it also stopped feeding. It is still quite active but probably because it is irritated / stressed. The other fish in the tank is a xb aro and another stingray. This is the only one that has redness on its mouth. The tank is ok with 0 ammonia and nitrite, ph of 7 while nitrates is at 80. So far I have done a 50 pct wc and put salt in the tank and I do not know what to do next. Thanks as usual for the help guys ....20160330_214348_resized_1.jpg 20160331_092205_resized.jpg

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
My rays mouths are pinkish on the outsides, I believe it is from generally sifting for food and pounding the gravel they are in. My gravel is extremely smooth, what substrate do you keep yours with? I agree the regular keeping open of the mouth is not normal.

Reactions: godfreylang

godfreylang

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philippines
Hi davenmandy, I do not have any substrate in my tank. I think that the pinkish color around the mouth could be normal but the constant opening of the mouth worries me and he is really opening it wide ... i do not know the trouble but I have done two wc of 50 pct this week to clean out the water ...

My rays mouths are pinkish on the outsides, I believe it is from generally sifting for food and pounding the gravel they are in. My gravel is extremely smooth, what substrate do you keep yours with? I agree the regular keeping open of the mouth is not normal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store