Help! Velvet? Ich? Parasites?

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
Yeah I wanted to just do heat but my one rainbow was really struggling before I knew he was sick- he is new so I didn't know his color was faded- I thought he was just ugly... The fish I saw the ich on was doing ok and I had been treating with "ich attack" for 11 days with heat at 81 and small amount of salt- I am new to rainbows and haven't found any information about their salt tolerance so I was nervous to go full salt- it wasn't until the irian went fuzzy and was struggling on the top when I woke up yesterday that I realized that the stuff I bought was either not working or not working fast enough that I decided to switch methods- from what I read all my fish can handle the heat but I waited most of the day after my water change and the heat would not rise so I raced to the store ( I called all the local pet supplies in a 40 mile radius and no one knew what quick cure was so I looked up the active ingredients) and at my 2nd stop I found the marineland stuff... But while I was out big red got attacked and was missing an eye and still under attack so I euthanized him with clove oil and began treating with the new stuff ... This really stinks I guess with this new bigger tank it's harder to combat for me pls the heater had no problems in my 35 gal. Is rated for up to 80gal but is not able to to reach a high enough temp in this 75... I tried moving it to the center of the tank but that didn't help at all

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store