Help with DIY wet/dry Filter

Skaguy3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2015
This is my first post on the forum although I have been reading them for awhile. I designed a wet/dry That I would like some suggestions on. Also this is first time I have designed a wet/dry. I have been in the hobby for many years but have recently gotten into the DIY aspect of it. I'm looking for any suggestions or helpful critiquing of the design. Here are a few pics of the design (first time using a program to design as well) Lots of firsts in this post.
1st-trickle.filter 2D1.jpg 1st-trickle.filter2D2.jpg 1st-trickle.filter2Dtop2.jpg 1st-trickle.filter2Dtopview.jpg Part of this design was to try and keep it as quiet as possible. So the overflow pipes will drain into the first chamber then overflow through 2 filter socks and then into the trickle filter that will have filter floss over the drip plate. Under the trickle filter I will be putting 1 liter of Seachem Matrix bio media. I'm going to use a Rio 2100 I should be able to cycle the tank around 6 times an hour I need to find a place to put my heater as well. I was thinking in the first chamber? This is going on a 72 gallon tank that I am going to be putting around 15 malawi and a few mbuna in. My question is Do you think this filter will be big enough and do you have any suggestions on possible changes?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store