Housing 2 asian baby arowanas

Mr.S

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2018
I had one baby arowana and got another gift from a friend .. i have kept them both separated by a partition .. just want to know how i can keep them happy as they grow together

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Water changes and a arthopods rich diet in a big tank or pond, making them work for their food helps keep em fit

Reactions: Mr.S

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I had one baby arowana and got another gift from a friend .. i have kept them both separated by a partition .. just want to know how i can keep them happy as they grow together

What size aquarium are they in?

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
a friend of mine has 4 baby bbxb now in the same tank w/ dividers then removed it after a few weeks of trying to get them to eat pellets. he'll keep 1 divider in the corner in case there's any aggression & puts the aggressor on time out. i think he starved them for a while too so when he reintroduced him back w/the rest he was just trying to eat instead of fight. really need to keep more than 2 aro to have better success rate for peaceful community. when they are young it may work well but you'll see at 5"-10" they'll each try and be boss.

Mr.S

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2018
a friend of mine has 4 baby bbxb now in the same tank w/ dividers then removed it after a few weeks of trying to get them to eat pellets. he'll keep 1 divider in the corner in case there's any aggression & puts the aggressor on time out. i think he starved them for a while too so when he reintroduced him back w/the rest he was just trying to eat instead of fight. really need to keep more than 2 aro to have better success rate for peaceful community. when they are young it may work well but you'll see at 5"-10" they'll each try and be boss.
I am thinking of keeping them with divider for their whole life .. i cant see them fight

Vearn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2018
How you can have arowana Asia, I want to bro

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
How you can have arowana Asia, I want to bro
Best to just raise good quality lei or jar. Groom them like u would xb rtg: tanning lights, substrate, the whole 9. Mix it w/a separate red LED + nice ray and friends. Too much trouble w/ the asian you'll have to make a fake account just to show it off why bother >.<

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store