How aggressive are S. Franciscanus dorado

Jiyowel

ATF Master in Training
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
I'm planning to buy 3-5 pieces golden dorados
S. Fransiscanus to be exact 4-6 inches. Will they kill or hurt my bottom dwellers. Tigrinus, Juerense and others to be exact. Any experienced S fransiscanus keepers there?

Mister-Blister

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2020
I'm planning to buy 3-5 pieces golden dorados
S. Fransiscanus to be exact 4-6 inches. Will they kill or hurt my bottom dwellers. Tigrinus, Juerense and others to be exact. Any experienced S fransiscanus keepers there?
can be very aggressive, and they can most certainly destroy the other fish in tank, their jaws are some seriously nasty stuff.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
They are very aggressive even towards their own kind but they have been cohabed with bottom dwellers as thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter and headbanger_jib headbanger_jib has done. If you can't take the stress of seeing attacks then I won't do it. Otherwise, welcome to monster fish keeping.

Mister-Blister

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2020
They are very aggressive even towards their own kind but they have been cohabed with bottom dwellers as thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter and headbanger_jib headbanger_jib has done. If you can't take the stress of seeing attacks then I won't do it. Otherwise, welcome to monster fish keeping.
Gotta admit tho. Was not expecting them to be that feisty. They look like salmons on steroids.

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
Very nasty fish bro they dont look like they have teeth but they do...all hidden behind the lips...i discovered this a long time ago when mines died and i dried the body out

Mister-Blister

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2020
Very nasty fish bro they dont look like they have teeth but they do...all hidden behind the lips...i discovered this a long time ago when mines died and i dried the body out
Teeth aint what you need to worry about. Dorado could be toothless and those jaws would still **** you up

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
My group of Dorado has been cohabiting a crenicichla lugubrius, and the lugubrius is the new boss.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store