How aggressive are S. Franciscanus dorado

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
its just basic info. dorados can grow up to 55 inches and most wild-caught ones are in 25 range. You dont see them expressing serious aggression until certain size
Wow! That's amazing.

Zanzag

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2019
Central PA
I mean honestly mister-blister I'll take info from those who keep the agressive fish over what you've read. Ya know? Just because a fish has the hardware to do damage does not mean it will be tank boss or even aggro for that matter.

Reactions: Chicxulub

Mister-Blister

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2020
I mean honestly mister-blister I'll take info from those who keep the agressive fish over what you've read. Ya know? Just because a fish has the hardware to do damage does not mean it will be tank boss or even aggro for that matter.
That is your choice. I am pretty sure scientists who did research and labeled this fish as an aggressive large game predator know better tho.

Besides, its not uncommon for fishes to get more aggressive with age, you know about that concept, right?

Zanzag

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2019
Central PA
Yes I do but have you ever kept them? How do you know the situation that was described with the crenichicla as tank boss is due to Dorado age and not the fact that that type of crenicichla is a beast? HAVE YOU KEPT EITHER? Or are you an internet expert like most 19 year olds think they are.

Reactions: Chicxulub

Mister-Blister

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2020
Yes I do but have you ever kept them?
no, i have been there when people were fishing them as prized game trophies, i was also there when a 10 kg dorado bit a large catfish bait in half like a shark. and when it tried to bite my fingers off while holding it. dont kid yourself, this is a fish that can take your digit off through thick padded kevlar gloves.
crenichicla as tank boss is due to Dorado age and not the fact that that type of crenicichla is a beast?
? because fishes grow bolder with age? crenicichla cannot be any sort of boss to a dorado if the later is not absolutely decoile. crenicichla dentation would not even allow it to hurt the dorado to begin with. its like taking a video of a house cat scaring a black bear away and claiming that cat is somehow the boss
Or are you an internet expert like most 19 year olds think they are.
it is sad that this 19 year old has been in contact with a larger amount of large and dangerous animals than you have been since your birth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store