How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
After telling us we could get the vaccine, the govt now tells us there's not enough for people in their 60's.

This is sort of a relief to me, as I expected that as soon as it became available, it would become mandatory.

I don't want to take it until I see how it affects people of my age, health profile, related risks, environmental factors, etc.

In fact, I don't want to take it at all.

Reactions: fishguy1978

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
It's been pretty ****ty - graduated right when the first lockdown measures hit over here and most companies stopped employment completely, now there's an economic crisis going on so still almost no jobs going. However, I know a few people who are at high risk and very dear to me and none of them have caught it, which I am very grateful for. So, it could be infinetely worse. My thoughts go out to anyone who's been affected.
So since posting this I was unemployed for a bit more, then in December got a job I was very interested in. While my original plan of moving abroad didn't work out due to the pandemic, I did find a great job in an industry I'm personally invested in. I think this just goes to show that whether you believe in God, Fate, Karma etc. You will always have positives and negatives in life and it's incredibly important to value the positives and make the best out of the negatives.

Hope you are all fine, stay safe and healthy everyone.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
My 89 yr old mom finally got her 1st dose of the vaccine Sunday. :headbang2She was supposed to get it 3 weeks ago with other residents in her facility but was running a slight temperature because she was swaddled in blankets so they skipped her and she had to wait until the provider came back with the 2nd doses for other residents.

Hopefully she'll get her 2nd dose in 3-4 weeks and eventually I'll also be able to get mine once my age group and vaccine becomes available.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
It appears that my daughter was ill for 36 hours and has recovered. But no test results back. Basically she had all the symptoms of the flu including fever, chills, nausea and various pains.

My eldest granddaughter is ill after babysitting for cash. One of them tested positive for Covid.

Now her mom & two sisters have sequestered her up in her room with hand sanitizer, rubber gloves, facemasks and disposable plates.

By the way, every time I use the word eldest my phone changes it to oldest. It doesn’t understand that people we love get elderly, but do not get old.

• Sad
Reactions: deeda

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
very time I use the word eldest my phone changes it to oldest. It doesn’t understand that people we love get elderly, but do not get old
Hello; Same sort of thing happened during the college championship game. I would text bama and the phone would change it to Obama.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Hello; No thanks. Anyway last news I saw there were not enough doses yet for those over 75 here.
Yeah, the CDC mandated a few weeks ago that anyone 65 or older can get it. But there isn’t enough vaccine currently to implement that. I’m a teacher and here in New York State that means I am eligible even though I am less than 65. Got my first shot last Sunday. Second shot in a few weeks assuming there will be enough supply. No side affects aside from a bit sore at the injection site for a few hours the next day.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
My grandma got her first shot. My mom, who is 50, got the shot because of her needed Work. She works on Camp Pendleton doing bird surveys, and occasionally surgeries wit’s other people. She got her first shot, and she is psyched.

Reactions: deeda

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Well, not a whole lot as I have been an essential worker. Then on Friday, 22JAN we were informed that someone in the office tested positive. We were ordered to get test that day. The directive from on high was that regardless of our results the entire office would quarantine for 2 weeks. I like my home office much more than the work office but I'm not as productive at home. I enjoy getting to go to work but I also have enjoyed 10hr days in the fish room. I return to work in the office on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store