How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Think they're all vaccinated... or just putting others at risk?
Hello; Here is the thing now days. A few months ago before the vaccines your comment may have had some merit. Today any adult can have had the vaccine if wanted. Those vaccinated have nothing to fear and also can not spread the virus. Anyone not vaccinated has made a decision and part of a personal choice decision is living with the consequences. For example I am vaccinated so I do not care if anyone wears a mask, not one little bit. They can be walking around with a full blown infection and I will be fine.

You also left out another possibility. Some of the not vaccinated may be naturally immune from having had the live virus. That is the way it also works. Get the virus. Survive the disease and have immunity. Not a guess any more, there is plenty of updated understanding. It was the normal outcome from surviving a viral infection for ages of time and last year I figured it would continue to be the case. For some reason there has been a push to deny this , but that fear is proven wrong.

There is a push to have all vaccinated. I have some notions as to why but cannot support such notions.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Think they're all vaccinated... or just putting others at risk?
.....probably more of B than A as a lot of folks still do not buy into the whole mask wearing thing.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; The masks are getting to be much more rare in my area.
I'll admit I have never worn a mask while outside,I did comply with indoor requirements though.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I'll admit I have never worn a mask while outside,I did comply with indoor requirements though.
Hello; Same for me. Outside the sun would kill the virus. I also would grab a shopping cart that was out in the sun. Turned out being inside was the risky place.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Boss made masks optional today!! Thank goodness. With the heat going on, it was suffocating.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; Same for me. Outside the sun would kill the virus. I also would grab a shopping cart that was out in the sun. Turned out being inside was the risky place.
.....and inside of cars too apparently,I've spotted plenty of people wearing masks while driving around alone in their vehicles.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Part of our social contract that allows people who have been vaccinated to not wear masks is that people who haven't will wear masks. It breaks down when the people who have chosen not to get vaccinated also choose to go maskless.

That unvaccinated people not wearing a mask may not put me at risk. But it puts my kids at risk, my friend who recovered from cancer at risk and, of course, other people who didn't get vaccinated at risk. And, of course, keeps us from fully placing COVID in the rear view mirror.

Hello; Here is the thing now days. A few months ago before the vaccines your comment may have had some merit. Today any adult can have had the vaccine if wanted. Those vaccinated have nothing to fear and also can not spread the virus. Anyone not vaccinated has made a decision and part of a personal choice decision is living with the consequences. For example I am vaccinated so I do not care if anyone wears a mask, not one little bit. They can be walking around with a full blown infection and I will be fine.

You also left out another possibility. Some of the not vaccinated may be naturally immune from having had the live virus. That is the way it also works. Get the virus. Survive the disease and have immunity. Not a guess any more, there is plenty of updated understanding. It was the normal outcome from surviving a viral infection for ages of time and last year I figured it would continue to be the case. For some reason there has been a push to deny this , but that fear is proven wrong.

There is a push to have all vaccinated. I have some notions as to why but cannot support such notions.

Reactions: RD. and deeda
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store