How long have you been here?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
There's no rush to post. Quality over quantity. I got the majority of my posts in the first 3 years, then school and uni has occupied me more. I prefer to post where I could be informative or when I'm following someone's tank.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Quality over quantity
We had a whole thread over this with that exact same title I believe. I’ve stopped my high number posting and have taken more of a backseat approach where I observe more before I speak if I should. A similar idea to yours.

Reactions: Hendre

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Are we talking about social media....or the forum. lol.

Seriously though, whether it's social media, or a quality forum such as ours, because of the vast chasms of knowledge between participating people, you're always going to get an element of drivel going on, it's the nature of the beast.
Social media, and if you try to correct someone other people flame you hard core instead of trying to learn correct information.

At least here if you post something incorrect someone will correct you in a respectful way and we learn from each other...on fb your shamed, cursed on, and then blocked or booted from a group lol

Reactions: tonymofo

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Social media, and if you try to correct someone other people flame you hard core instead of trying to learn correct information.

At least here if you post something incorrect someone will correct you in a respectful way and we learn from each other...on fb your shamed, cursed on, and then blocked or booted from a group lol
Man I’ll tell you what, if I had done what I did here but on various social media groups I would have been banned a lot sooner lol.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Man I’ll tell you what, if I had done what I did here but on various social media groups I would have been banned a lot sooner lol.
Exactly, but here you were given the chance to learn and grow and are a better fish keeper bc of it. On fb you do something or say something wrong and you get booted...or you correct someone’s mistaken information and your booted

Reactions: fishhead0103666

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Jesus this forum is slow now......... I really don't care for the FB version. Let's bring this back
I agree, my memory may be a little fuzzy but I remember it being quite a bit more active back in the day.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I assume since the Covid 19 pandemic many people are having life changing experiences including some members. Noticed a decline in activity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store