HUGE knifefish caught in FL canal!!!

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
I swaer flordia is fulled to the brime with fish from are hobby, i m started to think i should move

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Destroyer551;3049320; said:
AHHHH, where is all this action coming from?!?! Florida this Florida that, keep hearing it's such a great place to fish! BUT WHERE?! Sheesh, nothing like that in Orlando, just a bunch of cheap tourist attractions. :cry:
But then there is lake toho, but I'm really looking for the exotics. Not just lmb.
I know u stated you werent looking for lmb but the water that runs throgh disney land is a great spot to fish. On TV i watched R.Martin and J. Housten catch nothing less then 5 pounders and one of them caught a 10lber

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
Juxtaroberto;3052335; said:
Yeah, it also looks photoshopped to me.

If you look at the fingers of the hands holding the fish, there seems to be some kind of red outline around them, very thin but visible. Also, the second hand doesn't seem to be holding the knifefish, which should cause it to at least bend, which its not.

AND the fins make it look like its undulating. The top fin is also outstretched.

I know they get this big and even bigger, but a real picture would be nice.
its not photoshoped thats the mans fingers having reflections off the scales

HarlanAshmore

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne Ausralia
even if it is stretched thats a nice fish to pull out of a local lake

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
nice clownknife

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
varanio;3052288; said:
Why would you agree on the SH ? When its been shown there have been no detrimental effects on native fish.

I thought they would have an effect due to their adult size and ability to move any bass off its breeding area and or kill it.

While even the biggest cichlid isnt going to impose its will on any spawning bass.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
cichlid fiend;3052570; said:
I swaer flordia is fulled to the brime with fish from are hobby, i m started to think i should move

lol you can spot the guys who fish here which surprisingly are very few because they look at canals while sitting at red lights and stare trying to see if anything in them..

You would be one of those convertible guys :naughty:.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store