HUGE knifefish caught in FL canal!!!

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
if you look at the jaw when you hold the top lip and under the bottom jaw fishes mouth pop out like that or at least they do on bass and the rod guide is making it hard to it its fake or not.

Destroyer551

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2009
Orlando, Florida
AHHHH, where is all this action coming from?!?! Florida this Florida that, keep hearing it's such a great place to fish! BUT WHERE?! Sheesh, nothing like that in Orlando, just a bunch of cheap tourist attractions. :cry:
But then there is lake toho, but I'm really looking for the exotics. Not just lmb.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
Red Devil;3047810; said:
i never went fishing Louie...just boating...

I asked because I know you were further North in Florida and my father in law said biggest bass (not peacock bass) he has ever caught was N.Florida.

Thanks

varanio

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
Pam Pam Pam
Louie;3047692; said:
I look at it this way. The canals are mostly man made to regulate water . S.Florida "soil" is mostly sand with coral rock few inches under the "soil" .

The water temp in those canals esp 6 months a year are so hot that no native sunfish or non PB could live in it. They dont even travel through it in summer its just that hot.

Exotics have filled an empty man made niche . I cant fathom cichlids in the slightest way taking a toll on natives. Lakes which are fed by canals you find big native bass living by the "connection" because they eat the cichlids.

I myself disdain the PC FWC . They will try to eradicate harmless fire mouths living in shallow 90 degree temp canal but refuse to regulate wild collecting of soft shell turtles or native green anoles,etc sold over seas .

I agree about snakeheads, pythons few others but vast majority of non natives here have filled an empty niche and if anything increase the revenue as fishermen/women come to fish the exotics.

Even the brown anole or Cuban trreefrog have filled the niche in the growing Miami cement "jungle" while the green natives could not live in that but were not displaced

Why would you agree on the SH ? When its been shown there have been no detrimental effects on native fish.

Juxtaroberto

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Yeah, it also looks photoshopped to me.

If you look at the fingers of the hands holding the fish, there seems to be some kind of red outline around them, very thin but visible. Also, the second hand doesn't seem to be holding the knifefish, which should cause it to at least bend, which its not.

AND the fins make it look like its undulating. The top fin is also outstretched.

I know they get this big and even bigger, but a real picture would be nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store