I think it looks like a...

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
I know I posted this fish awhile back, but I got alot of different id's on my thread. I bought it as a mota, but I've had lots of folks say it's either a Loisellei or a hybrid of some sort. Ironically, she seems to be attempting to mate with my male Jack dempsey. lol........and he seems willing

Still dont really have a positive id but I think it's Loisellei. Could be wrong too thou......
I don't think it's a Loisellei, it looks like a Freddy lol. It's too yellow and blotchy, and doesn't look like it has an underbite or the silver color along it's upper body.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Some parachromis are really difficult to ID. I just came across Freggle's Loisellei. Look at the underbite and silver coloring along the upper body.

315489jackfreke_0_82_12074.jpg

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I don't think it's a Loisellei, it looks like a Freddy lol. It's too yellow and blotchy, and doesn't look like it has an underbite or the silver color along it's upper body.

Too funny....that's been the problem with this fish. I can see an argument for a freddy too. Definately not Dovii. She does have a pretty good underbite though, it's hard to tell in those pics. She's got some friggin teeth too. Pretty big ones

Another wrinkle in the equation is that she(I assume) looks very different now. Those pics were of her in a small qt tank and her coloration was pretty washed out. She was very lightly colored at the fish store too. Now she is in the main display tank and I believe she is trying to spawn with my jd. lol Im out of town till Tuesday so i havent seen for myself, but my wife says shes gotten very dark and she and the jd have been inseperable and have been dilgently working in the back corner of the tank.....together......

.....so if she's not a hybrid, it appears she's attempting to have some:popcorn:

I'll post some new pics when I get home, but my wife claims she's a totally different fish now. She seems to be settling nicely

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
while i dont have a positive ID on this guy. I would say hes a parachromis hybrid of some sort with a carpinte

Again...the cloud game. You can speculate on what you THINK it looks like...and that's cool. But without actually seeing the parents of the fish...how would you know?

I know I posted this fish awhile back, but I got alot of different id's on my thread. I bought it as a mota, but I've had lots of folks say it's either a Loisellei or a hybrid of some sort. Ironically, she seems to be attempting to mate with my male Jack dempsey. lol........and he seems willing

Still dont really have a positive id but I think it's Loisellei. Could be wrong too thou......
This is a Fredrichsthali female.

Mo, youve got us talking hybrids!?! let's see some fish pics from the aca!
No BS...I forgot my camera. Yup. It was like forgetting a leg. However I had three good friends who lent me there camera...so I do have SOME photos that I will post when I get a chance to process.

As for that video of the Managuense/Dovii...did you see the parents? Did the person who sold it to you have the parents, or did they get it from someone else? I know that there are some bizarre hybrid quapotes...a friend of mine had Green Umbee/Carpinte. I just thing the majority of the speculation is just that. To quote Freud...."Sometimes its just a cigar."

On another note...I won first and second place in the unaltered photo division...first place in the altered and overall Best in Division - Photo and Art. I entered three photos and won with each.

fishman09

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2011
Centralia, WA
no I did not personally see the parents however the current owner who works at the lfs did see the parents of the dovii/managuense. this fish is 100 percent hybrid dovii/managuense and when seen in person the resemblances of both are apparent. they always have stock of dovii/managuense as this guy who breeds them brings them in often

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010

Its a Mota to me, from Motagua (these Motas are not red)

mbeatrice

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
boston
i have had my female parachromis loisellei for abot 10 1/2 years and im curious to no what collection point she could have come from because i havent seen one loisellei look like her she seems to have more color and more of a pattern than most and not as thick bodied as other loisellei's...

HPIM0241.JPG

HPIM0258.JPG

66182e86cd64481aa35cfb254d98cdb0_54644.jpg

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Where did THAT information come from?
Hmmm, I have mistaken and taken a comment from Ira out of context, I took it for granted that the gold form are all from Rio Motagua....

cool shots. Forgive my ignorance, I didn't realize there was a gold variant of motaguensis. Is that a naturally occuring color variant?
thanks ....not really sure some say there is some say there isnt..
Beautiful fish they are from rio motagua I currently have a pair that is awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store