Ich ?or cloudy slime coat? or bacterial infection? Or fungal? Please help

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Here is the rule of thumb that makes sense to me. When the last visible spot is gone keep up the salt treatment for at least ten days.( note this includes keeping temps over 85 degrees F)
This extra time will give any unhatched eggs time to hatch out and be killed. Also you might miss a few spots on gills or such.

A question that I do not recall seeing the answer about is if any other fish ever had ich spots. If they did not then that one fish may have had some other problem.

One other thing. If you have multiple tanks all equipment used in the infected tank should not be used in other tanks. At least for a time.

Balake2424

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2019
Michigan
Hello; Here is the rule of thumb that makes sense to me. When the last visible spot is gone keep up the salt treatment for at least ten days.( note this includes keeping temps over 85 degrees F)
This extra time will give any unhatched eggs time to hatch out and be killed. Also you might miss a few spots on gills or such.

A question that I do not recall seeing the answer about is if any other fish ever had ich spots. If they did not then that one fish may have had some other problem.

One other thing. If you have multiple tanks all equipment used in the infected tank should not be used in other tanks. At least for a time.
Just to update you I did exactly what you said and it’s been gone ever since no problem with it at all used 3 pounds of salt per 100 gallons none of my fish had any problems at all

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store