Is it possible that an alligator gar can eat another gar?

Jdizzle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2018
i have 3 alligator gar the biggest is about 8 — 9´´ and the two is about 5 — 6 inches. Last I saw them complete was around 8pm and an hour later my sisters boyfriend saw 2 left. I was wondering if it’s possible that the biggest alligator gar ate the smallest one or not? And the now smallest gar has tears on its tail

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Jdizzle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2018
That’s how it looks like from the top. Just installed the glass on the right after the incident but it’s covered with screen the whole time.

image.jpg image.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I agree with FishBeast FishBeast possibly jumped out and something took off with it. The larger Gar would have to have a decent size advantage in order to consume smaller Gar.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I agree with FishBeast FishBeast possibly jumped out and something took off with it. The larger Gar would have to have a decent size advantage in order to consume smaller Gar.
Also you would typically see a very large belly of the perpetrator. Even if both of them split the other one between them it should leave large bumps.....

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Over the years of keeping dozens of gars.... their only demise was me not closing the lid. They are bulletproof as they come and tough as a nail

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store