It’s finally happening, but it’s actually happening

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
It's finally happening, but it's actually happening...well, it's stopped happening for a bit 'cuz I got a booboo...okay, it's started happening again but more slowly...

...okay, got a bigger booboo now so it's not happening.

Kidding aside, get better soon...and then fer chrissake GET A PAIR OF SAFETY BOOTS before starting up again. This is just common sense. What have you been wearing up to this point: sandals?...runners?...ballet slippers?

The boots will add a miniscule amount to the total cost of this project.. and you'll still have 'em afterwards.. and if you think they look silly, well, take a look at yourself now in a full-length mirror.
This was actually during a soccer game lol. I don’t know if that bump happened over time, or if it is a real ankle fracture.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
So, I went to podiatry and they said that I fractured my heel between September and now, and the bone that tore off is just discovered now. The bone that tore off is a very rare injury, and it will eventually fade away. The doctors don’t know what I have, so they put me in a cast for 2 weeks. Here’s a picture from September X-rays for diagnosis of Severes Syndrome.

The bone not torn off is circled in black - Xrays from September.

6ADEDCBC-1509-409A-A593-C5B80D2254CE.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: deeda and Deadeye

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
It's finally happening, but it's actually happening...well, it's stopped happening for a bit 'cuz I got a booboo...okay, it's started happening again but more slowly...

...okay, got a bigger booboo now so it's not happening.

Kidding aside, get better soon...and then fer chrissake GET A PAIR OF SAFETY BOOTS before starting up again. This is just common sense. What have you been wearing up to this point: sandals?...runners?...ballet slippers?

The boots will add a miniscule amount to the total cost of this project.. and you'll still have 'em afterwards.. and if you think they look silly, well, take a look at yourself now in a full-length mirror.
Damn, this is a rough crowd...

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
I’m in a leg boot. I have a post-cast affect called Peroneal Tendonitis. I need to wear a boot for another week while I’m in Colorado.

image.jpg

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I just stumbled back into this thread, and...it's finally still not happening, but it's actually not happening...

I know that digging the pond bears an uncomfortably strong resemblance to work, but...don't you think purposely screwing up your foot in order to avoid the work is going a bit too far...? :)

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
I just stumbled back into this thread, and...it's finally still not happening, but it's actually not happening...

I know that digging the pond bears an uncomfortably strong resemblance to work, but...don't you think purposely screwing up your foot in order to avoid the work is going a bit too far...? :)
I purposefully ruined by foot so that I could lay around on the couch all day while I could’ve been out on a backpacking trip and staying at a colardo summer camp. Yes. You got me.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I purposefully ruined by foot so that I could lay around on the couch all day while I could’ve been out on a backpacking trip and staying at a colardo summer camp. Yes. You got me.
I never said that you actually thought it all the way through... :ROFL:

• Haha
Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Any updates or does jjohnwm need to yell at you again? Trade your kitchen utensils for a shovel!
Use a butyl rubber liner and you won’t need to double it up or worry about any catfish spines.
Assuming this project may restart again
I’ve dug out some more, but recently it’s been staying constantly at 85-90, full sun, so I can’t dig for more than 15 minutes. Thanks for this. The project has been going, just at a slower pace.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store