I've messed up

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Can I keep this n pour sound in the empty area
How do I avoid gas
Can that kill my fish
I have a reverse undergravel filter and burrowing snails, so I don't have to worry about it, but I'm assuming you don't, so don't encourage hills unless you want to gravel vac frequently. Gravel vacing will slowly kill your plants.
The gas comes from junk sitting in pockets with no oxygen in them. If you vac or stir the sand or have fish/snails that do it for you or pump fresh water under the sand you will avoid the problem. I do not know if geos dig all the way to the bottom of the tank, I have never kept them.

Ilovefishes24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2017
The gas comes from junk sitting in pockets with no oxygen in them. If you vac or stir the sand or have fish/snails that do it for you or pump fresh water under the sand you will avoid the problem. I do not know if geos dig all the way to the bottom of the tank, I have never kept them.
Cool
So I'll try to do that. I'll poke the sand with a stick every week
Places I have 1 or 2 inch depth. I don't need to do that right

Ilovefishes24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2017
Thanks to everyone thst help
I scoop the sand out with a dust pan (I left some so eventually it might get mixed it.
But I place the new sand in. Tank is a little cloudy. Not much. I'll let it settle down then turn my filter on before I go to bed

Ilovefishes24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2017
Thanks to everyone thst help
I scoop the sand out with a dust pan (I left some so eventually it might get mixed it.
But I place the new sand in. Tank is a little cloudy. Not much. I'll let it settle down then turn my filter on before I go to bed
Thanks. I still need help with my stock tho
Some say I could get a group of 4 geo redhead
Some people said that i can't

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I'll poke the sand with a stick every week
Places I have 1 or 2 inch depth. I don't need to do that right
I don't know. If you see dark spots, or are having algae/water quality issues, it means you're not doing it enough.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store