Jaguar fries...Help...

Ravi Pandya

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2016
Last night suddenly I check my tank & found there are many fries of jaguar there...now I am worried as its community tank and there are AROWANA,OSCARS & SINSPILIM in same tank...suggest me what to do next...

Should I take out those fries alone ?
Should I take out them with their parents ?
Or it will be okay to keep there and their parents will take care ?

Please help on this as I am newbie for these things....

Reactions: GamerChick5567

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Last night suddenly I check my tank & found there are many fries of jaguar there...now I am worried as its community tank and there are AROWANA,OSCARS & SINSPILIM in same tank...suggest me what to do next...

Should I take out those fries alone ?
Should I take out them with their parents ?
Or it will be okay to keep there and their parents will take care ?

Please help on this as I am newbie for these

You could separate them with the parents using egg crate to separate from the other fish.
pops pops

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Are the fry free swimming or wrigglers? If free swimming you could possibly siphon a few out and raise them yourself but I will let others chime in with their thoughts.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yeah they are swimming properly but just nearby their parents only now I am planning to give them space & make a separator....
Great to hear the parents give body signals to the fry so the parents are doing a good job at the moment. Is this their first spawn?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Then should I take those fry out in smaller tank ?

If you don't have a seeded sponge filter ready I would just let them be. You could also use a small hob filter but would have to cover the intake with mesh screen so fry won't get sucked up. Make sure the filter has been cycled.

Reactions: Andre G
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store