Just bought an Alligator Turtle. Help!

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Having a turtle is awesome. I'm sure it also depends on which one you get. Had I went with a common snapper I feel like I would need give it more attention and socialize with them... Alligator turtles are anti social and keep to themselves which is perfect for me because all I need to worry about it making sure the water is clean/ enivorment is good enough and that they stay underfed! It's easy to over feed turtles because there so darn cute and are master beggers. My only negative with alligator turtles is how big they get... Other than that, I'm turtle for life!
So what are we talking about here when it comes to over/ under feeding? What is over and what is under feeding for these guys? How did you find this info out?

I am interested in learning more about this. I hope to have my own thread of similar nature here soon.... ??

Reactions: tlindsey

Bowser Frey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
So what are we talking about here when it comes to over/ under feeding? What is over and what is under feeding for these guys? How did you find this info out?

I am interested in learning more about this. I hope to have my own thread of similar nature here soon.... ??
Hatchlings need to eat 2 or 3 times a day everyday, once 2 years old they need to be fed every other day. and then when like 5 or 6 years three times a week until they are fully grown and then its once per month... according to youtube and from what I've read. If you overfeed them they can have internal problems, obesity. so I rather him be hungry than overfeed.

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store