Just wondering something

souzie

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I also feel for this guy. It's not like they were going to lose their house or car because of two 20gal tanks. You'd hope she would at least be willing to compromise, if not tell that man to run! Run for the hills!!! Because that will not be a successful relationship, one party will end up miserable... Likely him by the sounds of it.. :(

I mean, I told my ex he couldn't buy a few things - but there was reasons - usually decent ones. And I never ever made him get rid of something he owned just to please me, otherwise we wouldn't have our silver dollars. ;)

I'll give you some examples of things I said he couldn't buy - and my reasoning behind them.

First thing that comes to mind is alcohol and its not that he couldn't buy it, just not too much. I didn't like him drinking too much because he was an alcoholic when we first got together and a little abusive. So while I didn't mind him having a drink here and there, I didn't like him being sloshed because of his history with it. And he was fine with it and agreed that he's a better person when not sloshed so that was a win/win.

I also wouldn't let him buy fish unless he'd done his research on them, when we first got into fishkeeping he brought silver dollars with no knowledge of what they were and I wasn't letting another scenario like that happen again. I'm still not happy with him and its been like 8½ years since we got them lol

Another example is when he wanted to buy another car. We already had two cars and the real estate wouldn't allow a third and I wasn't getting evicted over a car - especially since we already had two of them. I was willing to compromise however and if he got rid of a car he could buy another.

Otherwise, as long as the bills were paid and the savings saved I didn't care what he spent his money on. He let me buy expensive shampoo so why should I stop him from having his luxuries? It only seemed fair. :)
I spend quite a bit on haircare as well...about $120 for shampoo and conditioner. Husband can't complain since he uses it too and his hair is longer than mine :evil_lol:

Reactions: Kittiee Katt

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
For all we know this guy has a lot of hobbies, they just had a kid or have a few kids, and he's not pulling his weight around the house since he's too absorbed into his hobbies. So he has begrudgingly agreed to let go of his fish tanks, and it's his wife's fault that he has to get rid of the tanks.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Dont know his whole story but he sounded kinda bitter.

If my hubby said to me "its me or them" Id be like "suit case is in the closet, take your stinky loud dog with you" lol
If he sounds bitter then I’m sure there is more going on.

Relationships can be complicated. Lol

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've been working and providing for myself since I was fifteen years old and when I moved out I bought my own home at twenty five.I'm not used to being told what I can't do or have and I wouldn't tolerate it......that said,the guy in question reminds me of guys I've known at various past jobs who's wives or girlfriends would show up on payday and take their checks that they busted their butts the past two weeks for .

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I did truly get a it or me on one fish.

My old dovii. He drew blood 2x and that was it. I was told he'd taste good with a little lemon and tarter sauce.

I forgot to tell her to distract him on one side then drop the pellets on the other. The next was water change day he jumped then got her as she was putting him back lol. I'm glad I was out of town on those occasions

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I've been working and providing for myself since I was fifteen years old and when I moved out I bought my own home at twenty five.I'm not used to being told what I can't do or have and I wouldn't tolerate it......that said,the guy in question reminds me of guys I've known at various past jobs who's wives or girlfriends would show up on payday and take their checks that they busted their butts the past two weeks for .
hell-naw-to-the-naw-naw-naw.jpg

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
I had a girlfriend who said its me or the car and my reply was my car never said it was it or her. she left which is a good thing. people like that can really suck the life out of a person. my wife knows my cars and fish make me happy so its no problem for her. the right person would want you to be happy.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store