Just WOW

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
She threw me through a grove of thick trees (and past a big metal water cooler) but amazingly I didn't hit any of them and landed on flat ground, came to a stop after rolling another 5 feet or so. My feeling afterwards was that she didn't really want to hurt me (if that were the case she would have just slammed me down on the ground in front of her and then stomped me) -- she was just politely trying to tell me to f*uck off. It was my bad, I shouldn't have been putting pieces of watermelon directly into her mouth then (ever felt an elephant's tongue? It feels like a big slimy bowling ball). Did it many times before, sometimes she closed her mouth on my hand but always let it go. But this time she wouldn't let go -- it felt like my hand was stuck in a concrete wall. After I tried pulling it out she started shaking me -- my staff said I looked like a rag doll. But again it was my mistake; it was really hot which makes them irritable and it was also around her normal feeding time. All of this happened in front of a corporate group of about 60 pax during a team building program when they were making their rafts. They were kind of shocked but as Program Leader I had to get up, dust myself off and act like it was no big deal lol. Later that night my elbow swelled up to the size of a softball, but after a couple of weeks it was ok (except the tingling thumb).
Outstanding.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Outstanding.
Thanks, your compliment really means a lot to me. Whether you believe my story or not frankly doesn't.... But I've got plenty more crazy mishaps and adventures under my belt, some people are just 'blessed' with living weirder (if less boring) lives I guess. But if I told you at near 50 I still free solo climb vertical cliffs without ropes or protection, you'd probably think I was BS'ing too, right? ;)

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks, your compliment really means a lot to me. Whether you believe my story or not frankly doesn't.... But I've got plenty more crazy mishaps and adventures under my belt, some people are just 'blessed' with living weirder (if less boring) lives I guess. But if I told you at near 50 I still free solo climb vertical cliffs without ropes or protection, you'd probably think I was BS'ing too, right? ;)
Wrong lol. I don't know or really care enough to wonder if you are bullshitting or not but I don't mind reading about your exploits and adventures so post away.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Wrong lol. I don't know or really care enough to wonder if you are bullshitting or not but I don't mind reading about your exploits and adventures so post away.
Well this isn't my thread and don't wish to derail, but here's a little taste if someone wants to play with me for a day -- and unlike the recent 'Free Solo' film you don't have to pay to see it; the do or die part starts about 04.00 if you want to skip ahead. Best watched in HD:

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Well it might be docile, and also with a full belly, but still, how many of us would chance our little girl with such a creature?
Oh, heck no. In my case the staff was holding the croc and my daughter only pet it for about 10 seconds. Not to be cruel but I was hoping if it did snap it would get one of the other kids first as many were gathered around it.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
. . . I've got plenty more crazy mishaps and adventures under my belt, some people are just 'blessed' with living weirder (if less boring) lives I guess. But if I told you at near 50 I still free solo climb vertical cliffs without ropes or protection, you'd probably think I was BS'ing too, right? ;)
Naaaah not at all, though it's been 40 years since I climbed rocks and went speelunking. I was a desk jockey for 45 years but I still do some things folks don't understand.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Naaaah not at all, though it's been 40 years since I climbed rocks and went speelunking. I was a desk jockey for 45 years but I still do some things folks don't understand.
Cool pix Ulu! And glad you gave up the spelunking; dabbled in it a bit years ago but overall find it scarier than free soloing lol. I reckon you read about those Thai kids stuck in the cave, what an ordeal that was, some proper heroes saved the day to be sure.

• Love
Reactions: Matteus

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Now I want a crocodile...
And a kid....
Not necessarily together.
Don’t get those mixed up, you can really mess up a crocodile
If you had one would you brush it's teeth?

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store